• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Guys I have created a new thread for banter on the tropical side of things right now. Since we have a historic hurricane threat going on. Please make use of this. This will keep the discussion less clutter and more informative.

To piggyback this post when Florence makes landfall there will not be a separate observation thread . It will all be kept in one thread . Due to the historical nature of this storm we felt it’s easier on everyone to keep it all one thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if this annular symmetry has any affect once it gets on land....will the lack of expansive outer banding limit flooding and concentrate it to a smaller radius/area?

...FLORENCE CHANGES LITTLE IN STRENGTH DURING THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS... ...HURRICANE AND STORM SURGE WATCHES LIKELY TO BE ISSUED ON TUESDAY...
11:00 PM AST Mon Sep 10
Moving: WNW at 13 mph
Min pressure: 944 mb
Max sustained: 140 mph

Only usefulness of the NAM for tropics, especially outside 60 hours, is for any trends. In this case it brings it into better agreement with other models and that’s about all I would take from it.

...FLORENCE CHANGES LITTLE IN STRENGTH DURING THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS... ...HURRICANE AND STORM SURGE WATCHES LIKELY TO BE ISSUED ON TUESDAY...
11:00 PM AST Mon Sep 10
Moving: WNW at 13 mph
Min pressure: 944 mb
Max sustained: 140 mph
How is this location, in relation to what models were showing for this time!?

Let's take dead aim at NC
06L_tracks_latest.png

New NHC track forecast take it from extream Western Wake County on the 5 pm update to Extream Eastern Wake County and over Wake Forest on the 11 pm track update. Also ICON came West 18Z kept it off the coast 00Z shows a landfall near Morehead City.

Back