• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

If you live in this part of NC please message me I need help with something .

b8f9122f87366edcb7c17cd614287cfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If she does it’s usually temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a storm goes annular they can maintain intensity for a long duration and are sometimes not effected as easily by adverse conditions like shear or dry air. An annular hurricane would be even worse due to the large eye, more surge, larger wind field, and being less prone to EWRC and environmental factors that could weaken her.

I thought it was moving into the perfect environment for this to stay a Cat 4 until almost landfall?
The shear shouldn't' really be that bad to be honest, but you can see the clouds racing and the winds are strong aloft. I don't think it does that much "harm" to Flo though....

Guys I have created a new thread for banter on the tropical side of things right now. Since we have a historic hurricane threat going on. Please make use of this. This will keep the discussion less clutter and more informative.

Back