• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

Really! SMDH!
65009ec8c10bcbdea2c1e718bbd9b58e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This will probably be the one, too. The 13-14th storm sets the stage for this one. IMHO.

Man if I could get a wintertime storm chase in that would be awesome with these trends 6504A231-E53F-4684-AA0F-A4875F262AAD.gif

models going the wrong way rapidly. its not all lost because i could do without the ice
You wouldn't happen to recall the forecast input leading up to the '94 Ice Storm would you? I know it was warm a day or so beforehand but not sure to what lead of warning we had from the weather service / news media regarding this destructive ice storm.

We probably will have to wait until the tail end of this particular evolution and try to time it just right as the cold is retreating. That’s how we roll.

Guys, please keep the one-liners in the banter threads and such.

Let's go. Let's reel 'er in. Swing and a miss. Big hit. That stupid GFS. Get the shovels. Get the rainX. Whoopty Doo number two. Yippee ki yay Mr. Falcon. Etc.

Thanks for the help!
I'm just going to start deleting crap and giving out warning points, going to lead to a few timeouts but since most already "know" this storm won't amount to much they won't miss anything.

I think it's rather apparent that folks west of the Appalachians even deep into the south are still very much in the game for the King Kong Storm period. It won't take a whole lot to move that TPV further east a few hundred miles and drive that low-level arctic air south as had been modeled until the last couple of cycles. For those of us over in Georgia and S. Carolina, it's going to take a wholesale change of that feature of now nearly a thousand miles further east six-seven days from now to put those areas outside of the favored N. Carolina CAD areas in the game anytime within the next ten days. Not impossible given the wild swings modeled beyond even four days, but will soon run out of time for that kind of change to occur in the medium term.

Last edited:
Back