• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

Drove to Tunica from Birmingham. First heavy band about to move in!

Actually experienced FREEZING RAIN at 16 degrees on I-69. Can’t imagine the processes that have to line up for that to happen without changing to sleet.

With the WAA that all of the major models are picking up on, there’s not a snowballs chance in heck those totals verify. So when he puts himself out there like that, he is setting himself up for a huge bust. And since when did reminding people who were wishcasting what the most likely reality was become trolling? Eerily similar to TW....
Bittercasting isn’t any better than wishcasting. Just FYI.

We’ve dropped to 28 with north winds 13 mph in New Market. I hope we keep this trend

mesoscale page

Where mine looks like a drawing from a kindergartner
c665c1e4ddd12618ac0a53aaa273ea3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 degrees here in Arab al. We have freezing rain and sleeti falling. Ice forming on car. Waterin birdbath has layer of ice on it.

I’m with you, Kevin. JP gives absolutely no insight on his map with 3 different colors,

View attachment 75090

That is the least helpful map of all time.

Apparently they’ve been getting heavy sleet in Red Bay. Hamilton is reporting -SN which I think is actually sleet. I’m hopeful for my in laws sake that the ZR line will stay in Walker County. Thankfully they have a built in generator if it doesn’t.

Where mine looks like a drawing from a kindergartner
c665c1e4ddd12618ac0a53aaa273ea3b.jpg

I don't know if the difference is because i'm on a laptop and I converted background to dark mode. Also, my map was for wet bulb. ?‍♂️

Down to 30 at my location with a light breeze and low clouds. Starting to get a freezing drizzle on and off. More showers forming off the Gulf coast and moving inland with the temperatures still falling. Forecast low is 28 from the NWS point forecast. We'll see how low it goes through the night and into the morning as the surface low tracks past the coast and the arctic front pushes further down.

Back