• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

Better be careful in AL tomorrow. Any kind of a HINT of Easterly component to your wind and you can kiss any freezing or frozen goodbye. I think the real shot at freezing and frozen is prob. going to be W and NW of the bigger cities if this trend continues. We all know usually* once the warming trend starts on the models it doesn't usually go back.

Just got home from driving Monte Sano Blvd. very top of Monte Sano mtn. here in Madison county, AL was like another world...Everything frozen over with thick fog & starting to drizzle pretty heavily before the storm has even cranked up here. Depending on which side of the top I was on temp was 26-27 so it could get bad up there by late tomorrow night.

Just got home from driving Monte Sano Blvd. very top of Monte Sano mtn. here in Madison county, AL was like another world...Everything frozen over with thick fog & starting to drizzle pretty heavily before the storm has even cranked up here. Depending on which side of the top I was on temp was 26-27 so it could get bad up there by late tomorrow night.
Send pictures tomorrow

This almost looks like a forward propagating MCS in Texas, but it’s snow, even has the WAA snow/sleet showers being pulled into it like a MCS , if you look at a radar loop you’ll see what I mean View attachment 75111
My son and his wife live in Austin... looks like they are about to be pounded

This almost looks like a forward propagating MCS in Texas, but it’s snow, even has the WAA snow/sleet showers being pulled into it like a MCS , if you look at a radar loop you’ll see what I mean View attachment 75111

This whole week of weather is going to be talked about for decades by locals in Texas. Austin, a city that only saw two accumulating snows since 1985 before this year will get two within one month. This is why I find it so hard to get angry or envious. This is legendary stuff going on there.

I hope accu chases to Little Rock, looking like 20-30” totals from both storms, is a real possibility! 8-12” today, 12-18” next storm! Hugs to craziness

Back