• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

Seems like here between Florence/Shoals and Corinth in extreme NW AL/NE MS we're in kinda in forecast "no mans land". It could range anywhere from 2"-4" of snow to a mix of a little snow with sleet and frz rain all the way to total frz rain and a crippling ice storm.
All depends on track of the low. The warmer nam would mean ice and sleet while the colder gfs and euro would mean more snow. I’m liking the trends day of more snow for both of us

86f034edb6bfee9301e3b6bc626c6ee7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86f034edb6bfee9301e3b6bc626c6ee7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw that from Wes Wyatt. Honestly starting to get a little nervous for us in and around birmingham. A few degrees is going to have major effects if models are under doing the cold. We all saw what less than .10 inches of ice did in Fort Worth a couple days ago. This threat is sneaking up on us. We will still have a solid 36 hours to trend colder or warmer, but it seems the trends today have definitely been colder.

I just saw that from Wes Wyatt. Honestly starting to get a little nervous for us in and around birmingham. A few degrees is going to have major effects if models are under doing the cold. We all saw what less than .10 inches of ice did in Fort Worth a couple days ago. This threat is sneaking up on us. We will still have a solid 36 hours to trend colder or warmer, but it seems the trends today have definitely been colder.
Yeah another 20 to 30 mile shift east with the ice is all it’s going to take.

Back