• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

Reaction score
Now that I’m outside I am seeing snow flurries. Also at some point early this morning it must have snowed because there’s a dusting of snow on house roofs and elevated surfaces.

RollTide18

Reaction score
Sun starting to come out now, still flurrying, highly doubt it happens but I hope we get some convective snow showers.

Reaction score
I am trying to determine why the snow on my street is melting at 17 degrees.
Sublimation is the conversion between the solid and the gaseous phases of matter, with no intermediate liquid stage. For those of us interested in the water cycle, sublimation is most often used to describe the process of snow and ice changing into water vapor in the air without first melting into water. - I think this is something that normally happens during the daylight hours tho I could be wrong.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Sublimation is the conversion between the solid and the gaseous phases of matter, with no intermediate liquid stage. For those of us interested in the water cycle, sublimation is most often used to describe the process of snow and ice changing into water vapor in the air without first melting into water. - I think this is something that normally happens during the daylight hours tho I could be wrong.
I’ll tell you what, I don’t like this particular phenomenon.

Reaction score
Temperature still dropping here too. Down from 27 to 26. Airport seems to be holding steady at 28. The airport might get above freezing today but I doubt it will where I am.
Still dropping down to 25. We’re definitely not getting to 32 today. We might not even get out of the 20s today which might increase the chances of seeing teens tonight if the winds/clouds aren’t as big of a factor tonight. Airport hasn’t budged past 28 for the past 3 hrs.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Still dropping down to 25. We’re definitely not getting to 32 today. We might not even get out of the 20s today which might increase the chances of seeing teens tonight if the winds/clouds aren’t as big of a factor tonight. Airport hasn’t budged past 28 for the past 3 hrs.
Yeah, gone from 28 at 7am to 23 currently. Crazy how this cold has over performed. Now if we could just get the snow to cooperate...

Showmeyourtds

Reaction score
Yeah, gone from 28 at 7am to 23 currently. Crazy how this cold has over performed. Now if we could just get the snow to cooperate...
We'll have to see if anything happens with this colder air aloft. Not sure how to tell if there's enough unstable air to stoke convective activity or not. But we can be damn sure its cold enough around 5000 ft off the ground.
1613493445938.png