• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry King Kong Winter Storm Potential Feb 13th-16th

For the favored CAD areas of the Carolina's and NE Ga. I can't help but notice that the GFS has been steadily trending to a much stronger HP. 1044 on this run in New England. The wedge is pretty stout before Thursday's powerful lakes runner obliterates it. It's far enough out in time to keep an eye on. Shift that HP SW to NY/Penn and we could be talking about King Kong's tail end LOL.
1613232809453.png

Wow!!
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_10.png

Another day of these east trends with the ice and you may be stuck and can’t chase Accu.

Or...maybe it's just his opinion. That's not his TV market so no reason for anything but his opinion. Spann is solid whether you agree with him or not.
Never said he wasn't, but he's talking 1/4 inch anywhere in the state...last night he said no snow anywhere in the state and now has had to back off that...NW ala is getting snow

Never said he wasn't, but he's talking 1/4 inch anywhere in the state...last night he said no snow anywhere in the state and now has had to back off that...NW ala is getting snow

So, maybe the guidance has changed or maybe he interprets it different from the weenies like us? Go figure.

Interesting to see how this plays out for the Birmingham area. GFS has a high today in the mid 40’s. At 10 am is it 36 and haven’t move all morning. I am north of town and have 33. Will the poor handling of the shallow cold air by the models have any impact on Mondays forecast ?
Yeah yesterday the models didn't handle the cold well for Bham we hit 39 for a couple of hours & fell back down I'm expecting a repeat today. We definitely have to watch this one closely.

Spann summed it up pretty good. You just don’t go against the euro/nam at this point. When the hi-res short range says to panic, then it’s time, but for now, just not a HUGE deal for anywhere in AL except the extreme NW corner. Could it change, definitely, but could change in both directions....middle of the road is most likely scenario, and he was spot on.

Or...maybe it's just his opinion. That's not his TV market so no reason for anything but his opinion. Spann is solid whether you agree with him or not.
I love Spann, just think that is a little low based on what models have shown. Just an opinion. I have a tremendous amount of respect for everything he has done for the state of Alabama for over 40 years. I met him in 2019 to get his book signed.

I defiantly don’t want what the nam3km is spitting out. That’s a lot of ice and sleet

Attachments

• F5897A55-DB8A-4C28-9F35-55E30BC4EB1F.png
    F5897A55-DB8A-4C28-9F35-55E30BC4EB1F.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 70
Spann summed it up pretty good. You just don’t go against the euro/nam at this point. When the hi-res short range says to panic, then it’s time, but for now, just not a HUGE deal for anywhere in AL except the extreme NW corner. Could it change, definitely, but could change in both directions....middle of the road is most likely scenario, and he was spot on.
Should I buy a snow shovel? I see he posted the EURO 0Z totals lol.

Back