• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

View attachment 43376
What's crazy is the thickest area of dust was centered over NC a few days ago (predicted), it's "trended" more South over the last couple days so I could see how a MCS could make it into parts of NC later this weekend and not be affected much by the dust.

The northern fringes of the Saharan Dust induced EML is typically where severe would be favored in a setup like this need just enough of an EML to cap the mid-levels but not so much that you deter convection entirely and be close enough to pre-existing cold pools from upstream convection over the OH Valley to experience underrunning of the relatively warmer, moister air over the SE US.

That MCS moving across MI and OH is quite the beauty! Really hope we score one, soon. I wouldn't mind a derecho either, I don't even remember when our last one was.

What an interesting (well, not really) lackluster summer we're having so far in SE Tennessee. Not as cool as points further northeast. Knoxville and co. are actually well below normal for June, here in CHA it's a little above average. Lots of muted cloud cover temps in the afternoon. mid to upper 80s. Not too many 70+ overnight lows until last few days. I like it over extreme heat and dry anyday. Keep it coming... throw in some interesting canes to follow in August.

GSP seems to think instability may be in question for tomorrow's threat. RAH seems to think SC and southern NC have a decent threat of damaging winds tomorrow with a smaller threat for the Triad and Triangle. Looks like another decent shot for storms on Monday too. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

GSP seems to think instability may be in question for tomorrow's threat. RAH seems to think SC and southern NC have a decent threat of damaging winds tomorrow with a smaller threat for the Triad and Triangle. Looks like another decent shot for storms on Monday too. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So much for not getting a drop of rain till Labor Day...

Back