• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

Will the dust make it as far north as the Triangle or no?

Hrrr shows organized line segments/multicells tomorrow, probably gonna have damaging winds as the main threat

Those storms in the northern ATL burbs are really bowing. Bet there is some wind gust over 65. I am hoping I get some storms in Nashville today, there is development to my west. And then hopefully I get home in time for the storms tomorrow. What time frame are we looking at @Myfrotho704_ ?

Those storms in the northern ATL burbs are really bowing. Bet there is some wind gust over 65. I am hoping I get some storms in Nashville today, there is development to my west. And then hopefully I get home in time for the storms tomorrow. What time frame are we looking at @Myfrotho704_ ?

Hope we get some of that ITP. It is brutally hot and humid today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably gonna be clusters of storms starting around 2 lasting into the night

Looks like the storms are losing their punch a bit right now. I am probably gonna get some wind and rain, but it doesn’t look like anything too special.

Edit: As soon as I say something looks like it may be blowing back up a bit.

Last edited:
Got real windy real quick, then immediately downpoured. Not fun driving through it. A lot of lightning and thunder behind the line.

Not sure. Based on MPING it looks like Charlotte is the dividing line. Maybe it has a tendency to stay inland and further west? @Myfrotho704_ anything up your way?

I am seeing it here; the ridge across the valley has been hazy all day like it does during a light rain but it isn't raining (or light snow). I suspected it might be the dust from afar.

Not sure this really does it justice:
Dust 2020.jpg

Compare to clear air after it snowed:

Clear Air.jpg

Last edited:
Had a huge downpour as that line moved through along with some solid wind gusts (40-50 mph). I ended up getting over half an inch of rain in about 10 minutes. Looks like I will see some more lighter showers for the next hour or so still as well.

Good example of a surprise MCS in north GA, Trailing stratiform? Check
Rear Inflow jet aiding in the Bowing segment ? Check
Rotating MCV ?
getting there
Bowing convection with strong downdrafts?
check
72D2DB63-9CF9-45E6-9C40-D0F112F37E44.jpeg

Back