• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

GSP is talking about an MCS train setting up next. If that happens all of us may get big storms.

Don’t wanna jinx it butttt, probably the best shot so far this year given the trough in the NE and not all the way in Canada 2FC33227-2A76-4FEE-B023-4CFA9D3A4F99.png19E2CBCE-A182-40D3-9B8B-B47A82C09FC0.pngA85C7896-A6B4-4D30-9C33-FD37D5588BFB.png07FC4595-E8AC-4D72-A3C3-49E200C7D513.jpeg

This little storm going over Spartanburg is really packing a punch. Really strong winds and torrential rainfall.

Looking at weather.com's forecast avg high's the next 14 days:

Minneapolis: 89.7
Detroit 88.1
Atlanta 84.8

What on earth is going on ? Minneapolis is forecast to hit 90 at least 8 times over the next 14 days. They usually dont get that many 90 days all summer !
Upper high centered close to Detroit bringing them heat and dry. Below the high is Atlanta with moist and not hot flow off Atlantic. Also, SE soils quite moist preventing much heat and keeping dewpoints high/keeping RH moist.

I really thought there was no chance KATL could average a high of 84F or less in July to keep the 30 year average at 89.4, but with the way things are progressing who knows.

For real. Even with the lack of rainfall in some areas, we are above average for the year.
Ughh the most above average places for rainfall this year right now in the south are in Alabama , Georgia , sc and western NC . Leave me out of that good sir

Reactions: SD
Few pics of sunset tonight (taken from Lookout Mtn / few miles from downtown Chattanooga). Plenty of photo opps throughout the Southeast the next few days with the Saharan dust.
086cf244bd212c1fd8653ebbc65b118c.jpg
f47c8fb06dcc774e7a6ec4f21734d466.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk20200625_205716.jpg

Last edited:
Ughh the most above average places for rainfall this year right now in the south are in Alabama , Georgia , sc and western NC . Leave me out of that good sir

Eastern NC has had more rain in general, over the last month. Most of the western Carolina's (including CLT) did well, precip wise until, maybe mid-June? While you are were scoring with the ULL, we maybe had less than half an inch. And since then, convection has been spotty at best for a lot of us. Part of that is just how summer storms work. Raleigh tends to do better due to it partially being directly on the Fall Line. The western Carolina's, like Charlotte, depend on convection flaring at noon in the higher terrain and hopefully making it's way to us. before sundown. Yes, Lee Through can make our storms more severe at times. But that varies from year to year.

Last edited:
Back