• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

I got a little bit of rain yesterday evening !

source.gif

Those storms coming from the SW should begin to organize a bit as they move NE. The only thing that will hinder development is poor mid-level lapse rates. Have plenty of sun shining though...

For some reason the large majority of storms in spring and so far this summer have stayed south of Wake County. Most of the time they have moved from Charlotte to Fayetteville.

Those storms coming from the SW should begin to organize a bit as they move NE. The only thing that will hinder development is poor mid-level lapse rates. Have plenty of sun shining though...

Yeah it’s significantly hindering updrafts and lightning production right now

Yet again these things have decent winds, this one I just got was stronger, probably had a Quick 45 mph gust with it

Welp, suck again. With all the convection 15 miles se there's now way it won't stabilize me for later. Unbelievable! 0.2 for June and about to screw up my last shot fir awhile.

These storms are avoiding Union County like the plague the last few days...

Edit: Appears some more convection is firing to my S and SW. Maybe I will get my downpour and hopefully storm, after all.

Welp, suck again. With all the convection 15 miles se there's now way it won't stabilize me for later. Unbelievable! 0.2 for June and about to screw up my last shot fir awhile.
Going to be a rough 3 months in the GSP metro I'm afraid. Some places will be lucky to get a drop until Sept. We somehow got .35 here today but not looking for anymore for a while.

Back