• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Been interesting observing the slow retrograding of MCS activity the last several days across the southeast, with the main activity being in NC a while back, then east TN into GA the next day, then middle TN into AL the day after that, then west TN into MS yesterday, and now AR today. Guess tomorrow it'll be OK's turn. More or less a pattern that resembles carving a trough except it isn't any cooler, lol.
Hopefully the next few weeks is the worst of Summer, but that's a long shot of course. The heat wave shown for mid-month around here has tempered somewhat. It's humid now, but not overly hot. I can handle that.

which one of y’all drives the storm chaser suv around Mooresville looks like a fool

What an epic heat wave over the eastern half of the country over the next 15 days. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh will be baking in the low to mid 90s every day for the next 15 days !

Both models show big heat now so it may happen this time. Up to 110 in some spots. Thankfully still out in fairly long range yet, but getting closer in on the Euro. Drying trend continues too.

Both models show big heat now so it may happen this time. Up to 110 in some spots. Thankfully still out in fairly long range yet, but getting closer in on the Euro. Drying trend continues too.
#depressing. What's also concerning is that August may very well end up being even hotter. If La Nina develops, ... I don't want to even think about it. ?

#depressing. What's also concerning is that August may very well end up being even hotter. If La Nina develops, ... I don't want to even think about it. ?
So far they have been wrong about the big heat, but with both models now showing it and now starting to come within 10 days this is worrisome. The wet winter and spring has helped too, but now many areas are slowly drying out. The worst still stays out in the plains though. Up to 115 out there in some places. IF it happens at all. Nothing is certain with how bad the modeling has been this year.

So far they have been wrong about the big heat, but with both models now showing it and now starting to come within 10 days this is worrisome. The wet winter and spring has helped too, but now many areas are slowly drying out.
The op euro big heat isn't supported by the eps at least here. We are also entering the hottest 10 days of the year in most locations so 90-95 is realistically normal. Even as we roll through the rest of the month staying in the 80s is below normal

The op euro big heat isn't supported by the eps at least here. We are also entering the hottest 10 days of the year in most locations so 90-95 is realistically normal. Even as we roll through the rest of the month staying in the 80s is below normal

Yeah low 90s is the norm now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back