• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Surprise!

Probably way more excited about storm chances than I should be but potential lingering outflow boundary from today's storms, possible differential heading boundary and relatively sharp trough axis makes me think we could get some decent coverage

Damn can't ask for much more than that. Might get a good amount of organization going too. It also has the look of an outflow collider with the piedmont convection pushing the ofb east and the coastal plain convection pushing its ofb west.
Do You think if a boundary was to get going in that fashion like the 3km shows some initial supercell structures could get going ? 3km Helicity along that little meso boundary was around 100-200

Do You think if a boundary was to get going in that fashion like the 3km shows some initial supercell structures could get going ? 3km Helicity along that little meso boundary was around 100-200
Possibly at the very onset looks like though once things fire we start getting multicell clusters and segments.

Also I like the idea of possibly sneaking a mcs in next weekend

Last edited:
Alabama for the MCS win today. That's a nice-looking line of storms that will probably make it's away across the whole state and into Central GA.
The best win for us today is an empty radar in Ky/Tn. No outflow push or dying mcv from that area today/ tonight means its less likely the boundary is forced well east in NC and gives us a chance of more widespread storms tomorrow.

Somehow @BufordWX we get one. Book it!

It's going to be hard to get development in N Ga today. I hate to say it. Too much cloud cover and too much outflow. I'd say you would need to go about 50 miles south of I-20 if you wanted in on that action. Also, why does GSP always put up "estimated" rainfalls maps out? They are always wrong and it's summertime convection, so why even bother?

The best win for us today is an empty radar in Ky/Tn. No outflow push or dying mcv from that area today/ tonight means its less likely the boundary is forced well east in NC and gives us a chance of more widespread storms tomorrow.

Yeah that exactly what I like, hopefully no morning storms to push that thing East tomorrow either, want a untouched atmosphere for storms to reach there maximum potential and form further west

Yeah that exactly what I like, hopefully no morning storms to push that thing East tomorrow either, want a untouched atmosphere for storms to reach there maximum potential and form further west
Subsidence behind that mcs might do the trick for us in keeping that area convection free. Id much rather depend on the trough axis than hoping an old ofb doesn't drift 30 miles to my east

Yup! We will see. I was hoping for some storms later this evening but I am guessing they will be few and far between. And just like that, watch for AL. Man, I'd hate to be in N. Ga today. Yall got robbed. :(

Yup! We will see. I was hoping for some storms later this evening but I am guessing they will be few and far between. And just like that, watch for AL. Man, I'd hate to be in N. Ga today. Yall got robbed. :(
To be fair I never really thought that MCS was going to do much in Georgia anyways. It always looked like it would be more in Alabama. Besides that I don’t think we are 100% done yet. FFC mentioned there could be more development over the area as the main shortwave axis traverses through this evening and the SPC still has the marginal risk too. Of course whatever happens I have no right to complain given the week I have had.

Back