• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy rains tonight and more back building to my south.

Power lines and trees down wilkes/Iredell highway 115

I guess you all have sent your bad vibes my way.

For the past several days, there have been popcorn t'storms around the area, and I've missed them in every single direction by a mere few miles (including right now).

This has been the worst year for strong/severe convection IMBY.

Elsa is just pummeling moisture over the brushy mtns for the past 3 hours. And can see on Charlotte radar more showers are forming with help from the Atlantic.

***** at the atmospheric river plowing into Texas from the gulf. Scary stuff. Crazy I’m more interested to check the radar in the morning over coastal Texas than with Elsa coming into the Carolinas

***** at the atmospheric river plowing into Texas from the gulf. Scary stuff. Crazy I’m more interested to check the radar in the morning over coastal Texas than with Elsa coming into the Carolinas
You should move! I’m sure NWS GVS could use your expertise, maybe even NWS El Paso

Raleigh NWS doesnt have a 90+ day forecasted here in the Triad for the next seven days. Pops a 88 Friday and Saturday. Thats as warm as it gets. Lots of Diurinial driving T storms in the afternoons. 2-3 inches of rain today and those storms will prevent the themometer from hitting crossing 90. Hopefully it keeps it up as the days are getting shorter. Long 7 weeks still to go, but the next one is a Nada for Heat wave. That leaves a 6 week window to navigate.
Seeing Texas coastline and alot of the SE coastlines get drenched hopefully doesnt come a bad omen. Seems like the tropics are carving out a pathway into GOM, SE. Elsa came out of the MDR and never sniffed a hard right recurve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back