• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

So there's this
7642fccba585f9519b02b11496f2df07.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I gotta think it favors the east side of the highlighted area, higher concentrations, and then those outflow boundaries will set off more scattered on the west side. Still going to be some prolific rain makers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looking for a model that raises some modicum of winter hope (and this is not intended, at all, as discussion or crystal ball gazing or any semblance of personal thoughts (and it certainly is not July weather but is posted here in response to other recently related posts)) ... so... here is one that most should like (though not supported by many other models) ... in other words, just for kicks on a miserably humid and hot July Sunday afternoon ...

View attachment 5517

I'll have a lot more to say about this July JAMSTEC forecst for DJF as soon as I get time to put together a post in the winter outlook thread.

Larry,
I was model shopping for kicks ... :eek:
Phil

... and to keep an otherwise boring time of year going ... :cool:

I just finished looking at and analyzing all of the previous years’ July Jamstec DJF SE US temperature forecasts (11 of them) as well as the respective Niño 3.4 forecasts for DJF, which are all at the website. I think this analysis is worth a post. But I need time to put it together. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Thanks for posting it as I otherwise wasn’t even thinking about it.

I just finished looking at and analyzing all of the previous years’ July Jamstec DJF SE US temperature forecasts (11 of them) as well as the respective Niño 3.4 forecasts for DJF, which are all at the website. I think this analysis is worth a post. But I need time to put it together. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Thanks for posting it as I otherwise wasn’t even thinking about it.
Larry,
You are absolutely amazing ... ;)
Best,
Phil
~~~~~~~~~~~
and BTW ... if that Jamstec ends up anywhere near right, Tony just might get his 3 feet and all would then be good ... :D

Its just funny when 3 days in a row you get this
964e36218ce131355e8ea993eab38e4b.jpg

It’s back building towards you. I’m getting screwed by an out flow boundary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that got crazy. Lots of limbs and trees down

Yeah these storms are fun to watch, they are basically stationary and building in all directions. This one to my south was 4.5 miles to the good stuff almost an hour ago now still just over 2 miles. How much rain you get?
485e5bdc331eb0ca40abc1b030d2557b.jpg

Some 2.5 - 3" totals starting to show up just to my south, feel like a flood advisory will go out shortly. It's not weakening at all

Finally got some good rain for the first time in what seemed to be a while today and this evening, would be surprised if we didn't get around 2".

On a side note, although it looks like it could be a bit off, gonna average low 90s for July. Wow. Not out of the woods yet on real heat for this summer.

Can't believe I got blanked tonight Lol, rained east, south, west and northwest of me

Back