• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

July Fries (1 Viewer)

SD

Staff member
Administrator
12z euro is almost 0 here. Glad I got 3 inches of rain last Monday. That might have to last me a while

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

whamby

politicians discussing climate change
well 1 month of met summer down... 2 to go :p

Also we start losing daylight for real this month

Also Christmas is now closer than last Christmas. You're welcome.
Another summer where Southeast Ridge gets confused why August is hotter than June, even though the sun angle is lower... lol love it!

SD

Staff member
Administrator
I really want to jump on board a scenario where the upper low stalls over the region and a cold front approaches next wknd really bringing big rain chances here. The more likely scenario is the upper low kicks too far west along with the upper ridge and we get a dying band of storms along the cold front Saturday night then back to sunny and hot next week

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another summer where Southeast Ridge gets confused why August is hotter than June, even though the sun angle is lower... lol love it!
In most areas August isnt much hotter than June. It just seems that way because by the time August rolls around everyone is sick of the heat. Texas may be an exception though. It seems like they are always warmer in August than June.

Shouldn't we be seeing tropical system on the models by now forming out in the Atlantic? We have 4 weeks until August, which last year in August I was hitting upper 50s.

GaWx

Supporter
Shouldn't we be seeing tropical system on the models by now forming out in the Atlantic? We have 4 weeks until August, which last year in August I was hitting upper 50s.
Not necessarily as this is a very quiet period based on climo back to 1851. Actually though, several models have been showing some spin/very weak low moving westward in the MDR within the next week fwiw.

pcbjr

Supporter
Not necessarily as this is a very quiet period based on climo back to 1851. Actually though, several models have been showing some spin/very weak low moving westward in the MDR within the next week fwiw.
Going for 2/0/0 this month ... FWIW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)