• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

I really hope the models don't back down from the upcoming pattern. We could put up some beefy totals through 8/1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I really hope the models don't back down from the upcoming pattern. We could put up some beefy totals through 8/1

Yeah, it’s looking great with the trough digging in, going a little negative tilt, Bermuda ridge strengthening and blocking up the pattern, you and Rain Cold are looking great!! Cautiously optimistic for y’all, but it almost seems to good to be true, like a great Euro snow run, but 4 days out!:)

Yeah, it’s looking great with the trough digging in, going a little negative tilt, Bermuda ridge strengthening and blocking up the pattern, you and Rain Cold are looking great!! Cautiously optimistic for y’all, but it almost seems to good to be true, like a great Euro snow run, but 4 days out!:)
No kidding you won't get a much better setup in mid summer. Just from a setup perspective you could argue some localized areas will see upwards of 10 inches by 8/1 and a general state wide 2-3

No kidding you won't get a much better setup in mid summer. Just from a setup perspective you could argue some localized areas will see upwards of 10 inches by 8/1 and a general state wide 2-3

Y’all are golden, I think West of 26, we get 1” or less. But I’m rooting for y’all! It will be fun to watch! Like most of our winter storms, the MA and NE, look to get the wind and really fun stuff!

Y’all are golden, I think West of 26, we get 1” or less. But I’m rooting for y’all! It will be fun to watch! Like most of our winter storms, the MA and NE, look to get the wind and really fun stuff!
I was hopeful over the weekend that the sfc low might get going over the northern gulf before heading up the coast. Nothing says mid summer like a nice nor'easter.

I think you do better than an inch. The bermuda ridge probably starts flexing back a bit late in the month and may shift the heavy rain your way

That’s what I call black snake chasin weather right there.

I hope mby gets the rubberband theory. 1st part has been accomplished. Ain't mowed going on 3 weeks. Field corn is twisted, waist to chest high with tassels and the always wet crabgrass hasnt even made an appearance. Been a brutally dry growing season in my neck of the woods.

Weird how different things are over here on the other side o' the mountains... I'm going nuts trying to keep up with working and doing the lawn... I can't go 10 days without it needing a mow.. fastest growing grass I've seen in a long time in SE Tennessee. Definitely no hint of drought anymore...

The 0z NAM is insane for anytime of year. Cape is pushing 6000 on some of the soundings and while I don't think tornadoes will be the main show, it flagging the PDS threat shows how incredibly unstable it is. That high DCAPE number is concerning as well as is the 55-65kts at 500mb. Thus is near Tuscaloosa at 0z Saturday.

nam_2018071900_072_33.07--87.08.png

For the month so far, we're running hot, but the main driver is the daily lows, not highs. Only one low was under 70 this month. These stretches of 70+ lows are insane. Goes way beyond UHI forcing.
CHA:
July '18 Average 91.6 73.1---- Normal 90.1 69.4

I hope mby gets the rubberband theory. 1st part has been accomplished. Ain't mowed going on 3 weeks. Field corn is twisted, waist to chest high with tassels and the always wet crabgrass hasnt even made an appearance. Been a brutally dry growing season in my neck of the woods.
Yep my parents in western lee county are in the same boat. .6 since 6/1 at their house and everything is fried

20180717_southeast_text.jpg

Not too bad at all. Looking forward to all the precipitation models are showing. :)

5F56ADBE-155D-4E53-9ED8-2B1A848D63A2.png This should help! Giddy up!

3091429B-1562-44BB-8DF8-0107705E9134.png JB says summers over in the East!!!!

not sure I would get that agressive
Yeah, typically when that clown says something is/isn't over, he is wrong. I fully expect this below normal to happen to some degree, but I also think we will warm up in August at least if not early Spetember back into the 90s for a week minimum. I doubt we will have enough tropical systems to put a damper on the heat.

Yeah, typically when that clown says something is/isn't over, he is wrong. I fully expect this below normal to happen to some degree, but I also think we will warm up in August at least if not early Spetember back into the 90s for a week minimum. I doubt we will have enough tropical systems to put a damper on the heat.

Yeah easily 2 solid months left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back