• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Can't believe I got blanked tonight Lol, rained east, south, west and northwest of me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Trees down across 401. Neighbors shed and play set bit the dust 49mph gust at the house. .74 in the bucket

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like another round possible in the morning
Trees down across 401. Neighbors shed and play set bit the dust 49mph gust at the house. .74 in the bucket

Now 8 days of BN temps for Chattanooga... nothing too extraordinary, but lows in the 60s after that long stretch of 70+ lows is refreshing. Nothing too hot showing up all the way through the first week of Aug.

No storms again for me. The sky looked very ominus around 6:30, but nothing happened. This is getting as bad as the winter storms with how localized they are.

On a side note, crazy heat has been going on in Texas.. I guess Brent isn't there at the moment or he'd be talking about it... 109 twice in Dallas, 112 in Waco, 110 in Austin... That's some crazy heat. Feel sorry for those HS footballers about to start 2 a day practice in August. I guess they still do that now... some 'fond' memories from growing up playing texas high school football. Sadistic coaches, searing heat, friday night lights...

Last edited:
It's been fabulous this past week in middleTN. It's been getting down in the 6's at night, and highs in the upper 80s

FD7604E2-BF58-4250-8C9A-D6C25A3AE300.png Winner winner chicken dinner!!

Last edited:
I was wrong, I actually got just .65", I need to stop guessing.

What isn't a guess and is good however is averaging low 90s for July. That's not below average but it's seemed like we've usually been around the mid 90s for July normally so while that's not below average, that's nice that we haven't truly baked.

I'm now up to an incredible 13.25-15.5" for the month and there still may be more over the next 3 days!! This is near the wettest of the last 20+ years with perhaps only June of 1999 and October of 2016 (Matthew) being wetter.

It is the gift that keeps on giving. I got another 1/2" yesterday, which brings me to ~13.75-16" range for July 1-29!

Edit: This month here is reminiscent of what @pcbjr experienced in both June and July of last year in Hogtown.

Last edited:
Approaching an inch at the homestead this afternoon per radar estimates, can't rely on my Acurite 5 in 1 weather station as the rain sensor is not working apparently. The other day it was the temp sensor.... POS

Wow GSP has busted bigtime. Not a single cell anywhere in their county warning area.
Not really. Today was 0 chance of rain. Tonight 70% and tomorrow and Wednesday, 90%! We right on track! Although overnight tstorms are like unicorns, and can be quite elusive!

5CD64234-9828-4496-8835-701F6A9D6EB6.png 840467AE-7555-46E7-B8C8-BB7B4D5F2D70.png Y’all should know which one will be right! :(

Approaching an inch at the homestead this afternoon per radar estimates, can't rely on my Acurite 5 in 1 weather station as the rain sensor is not working apparently. The other day it was the temp sensor.... POS

Don't feel bad my davis stopped reporting rain yesterday says .75 from yesterday's storm and 0 today.
Looks like the storm yesterday made it unlevel some how whew

Last edited:
Don't feel bad my davis stopped reporting rain yesterday says .75 from yesterday's storm and 0 today.
Looks like the storm yesterday made it unlevel some how whew
Yeah least you had a massive storm to blame it on my just had Heavy Rain not a whole lot of wind it just stopped. I've read the forums and AcuRite is getting bashed right now with one issue after another.

Back