• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

No rain gauge but my house was hammered in northern Spartanburg county. I joked to my wife that it looks like the rain will miss us again. Then it absolutely poured for over an hour. Thankful for the rain but maybe a little more moderate next time.

NAM3k has this weird little cluster fire over NE NC that drops SW into the main line....destroys my county with 5-7" of rain in like 3 hrs....I mean I need rain but not that much....

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_fh25-31.gif

Settle down NAM some 12-16" totals just south of MBY....this would put a dent in the drought though obviously we got NAMd, still figure some widespread 1-3" totals likely....

1657096199983.png

Last edited:
WOW !!

1.5 in 21 minutes and still not done.

One of the heaviest rains I've ever seen.
I got in on that storm too on the other side of the county. I had 1.91 in 34 minutes. 2.1" total.

Also had one of the craziest amounts of lightning i've ever seen. 2 hours of non stop thunder. There was a lightning flash every 3-5 seconds, some really close too. I had more thunder than one of those youtube thunderstorm videos. Damn, it was epic!

There were some strong gusts with this storm too, branches and smaller sticks everywhere and the occasional small tree knocked down.

I got in on that storm too on the other side of the county. I had 1.91 in 34 minutes. 2.1" total.

Also had one of the craziest amounts of lightning i've ever seen. 2 hours of non stop thunder. There was a lightning flash every 3-5 seconds, some really close too. I had more thunder than one of those youtube thunderstorm videos. Damn, it was epic!

There were some strong gusts with this storm too, branches and smaller sticks everywhere and the occasional small tree knocked down.
I've been in a continuous lightning storm once near the coast during the summer when I was in my teens. Never seen anything close since.

Pgv now dips to an 8 inch deficit on the year and is only 1.25 inches off its driest year to date on record. Really an amazing turnaround from last year where this time we were running 15-20 inch surpluses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-093020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-093020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 5
At carolina Beach for and I'm not sure I've ever seen thr water this color before. This is like some gulf of Mexico turquoise clear water.
I wonder if it's due to reduced discharge from inland rivers, and less mixing along the coast.

At carolina Beach for and I'm not sure I've ever seen thr water this color before. This is like some gulf of Mexico turquoise clear water.
I was at Atlantic and it was more green. I’d describe the water as really green less like the gulf but definitely greener - tealish than usual. Has to do with Gulf Stream I think .

Back