• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

Yet another record maximum low was tied yesterday at DFW (80*F).

Last edited:
No kidding it's been brutal. Fortunately the means look amazing over the next 2 weeks with the heat ridge stuck in the west and broad troughing in the east. It'll be hard to unsee the near 4 inch mean from the 0z eps. We have a decent chance here to erase the D0 for our area and potentially the D1/2 areas as well. Given our track record since April I expect total fail
This is the first good mean we've seen all summer. #Igotjokes

I was at the beach last week. Saw more rain there than I have at home in 2 months. Big dub
Yeah this is the heaviest rain I've seen in a while and of course it's while I'm on vacation. Heard from weathernc that my neck of the woods back home did pretty good yesterday.

Just want it to clear out so we can hit the beach

Last edited:
You're optimistic. Get the front through Wednesday and we might be able to do 0%

What could go wrong? ?‍♂️ I mean it is 2 days away right. Lol

day3otlk_0730.gif

What could go wrong? ?‍♂️ I mean it is 2 days away right. Lol

day3otlk_0730.gif
The wave train around the closed ridge just to our west is exciting but failing is easy if timing is off. Remember a few weeks ago when we thought we were going to get a massive mcs and ended up with debris clouds and subsidence.

Can't remember the last time we had measurable rain IMBY. Everything is dead and crunchy, grass everywhere is brown. Corn in the fields is less than 2ft tall. I think the area around my house may be one of the driest in the state currently.

Where the storms at?
At the beach with me today. My fishing is in a rain/lightening delay. Its pretty green this half of Brunswick county, corn looks pretty good. But from western half back to house it got torched, nada.

SPC 24 hours out has been just as bad as the models showing a big snowstorm 10 days out.
Have you ever looked at the probabilities within the convective outlooks? They typically aren't that high in this part of the country and usually boil down to low percent chances that equal less than 1 severe report per county. Media would do a big service if they started speaking in probability and not broad brushing level x with no context imo

Back