• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

I try to like summer but just can't! The storms are nice when they come, but this humidity is just disrespectful! I don't know how you guys that live in areas where dews push 80 stand it. My dews are in the low 70s and it's just absolutely oppressive.
Easily the worst season of them all. That's why I never understood why people were rooting for heat and humidity back in spring when it was still cool to cold outside for that time of year. Heat, humidity, and begging for pop up afternoon storms to suppress potential drought conditions every year just isn't enjoyable to me. And I've been lucky enough to escape the extreme heat that others towards the coast and midlands got for 2 weeks and this week. Hottest day was 98 here during that heat wave a few weeks ago. This week's heat wave has been limited due to the storms and generally cloudy to mostly cloudy conditions here. But it's still awful outside. Ready for fall. Counting down the days to September and October.

Ventusky is showing widespread highs of 115°F to 120°F across the Central/Southern Plains on 7/21, which would shattered any all-time highs.

I'm sorry but nobody here is remotely excited about that. The TV mets have said on air they are hoping we are not headed for a 2011 repeat

The good news is the long range models have been too hot so far. Yeah this has been hot but we haven't approached the all time records like some runs had

Good & Great rains here around Topsail yesterday & Today..

More incoming as I type..

Current Obs..
Rain & Thunder..

78F
Pressure 29.99 in
Visibility (Limited)

Clouds : Cloudy /T-storms
Dew Point 78 F
Humidity 82 %
Today=.05" precip.

Precip 5.1" and counting for these past 2 DAYS, ..
@Downeastnc & @Shaggy ya'll should be getting some of this Precipitation, Though, it won't save the corn crop, there's Soy Beans still..
GREEN SHOOTS!

Attachments

• green-shoots.png
    green-shoots.png
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 4
Easily the worst season of them all. That's why I never understood why people were rooting for heat and humidity back in spring when it was still cool to cold outside for that time of year. Heat, humidity, and begging for pop up afternoon storms to suppress potential drought conditions every year just isn't enjoyable to me. And I've been lucky enough to escape the extreme heat that others towards the coast and midlands got for 2 weeks and this week. Hottest day was 98 here during that heat wave a few weeks ago. This week's heat wave has been limited due to the storms and generally cloudy to mostly cloudy conditions here. But it's still awful outside. Ready for fall. Counting down the days to September and October.
No, we were only hoping it would not be below average in spring which is cold and unpleasant. It ruins the only time of the year that is pleasant for outdoor activity. Also, not once was it hot or humid this spring. Spring warmup are at best , outside of May, mostly June like at very hottest. Would you rather 70/50 or 55/30 in spring... and if its warmer than normal its more like 85/58 with low dews and pleasant still.

No, we were only hoping it would not be below average in spring which is cold and unpleasant. It ruins the only time of the year that is pleasant for outdoor activity. Also, not once was it hot or humid this spring. Spring warmup are at best , outside of May, mostly June like at very hottest. Would you rather 70/50 or 55/30 in spring... and if its warmer than normal its more like 85/58 with low dews and pleasant still.
Give me the high dew points in summer. Sure it's uncomfortable but look at the pattern the last 7 days vs the dead ass low dew point summer cold front rapidly developing drought we had in June. Can't have rain around here in summer without the high dews and high temps given the general lack of forcing we see

Back