• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

Deja vu all over again, 0.01"

The edge of the flood-warned area was only about 4 miles east of my house :confused:
Well I know most modeling is showing some of the same areas getting hit again today and maybe so, but throughout my 50 yrs here once the atmosphere gets worked over like it did yesterday (in this area) usually doesn't repeat the next day. I'm hoping there's some leftover outflow boundaries and enough temp differential created by the have and have not areas that you guys are the ones hit today.

Yep current pattern and over the coming days "should" put a dent in this, but it's long term in some areas at this point and the damage (especially to some corn crops) has been done.

20220705_southeast_text.png

Had a real nice storm northeast of home yesterday but not much rain at home we keep getting skipped. GSP PoPs are 60, 60, 80 the next 3 days

Yep current pattern and over the coming days "should" put a dent in this, but it's long term in some areas at this point and the damage (especially to some corn crops) has been done.

20220705_southeast_text.png
not the same as corn, but most of my curled up grass is still curled up. It's like "Pfft. One rain aint getting me to come out of dormancy."

Models continue to struggle with the pattern evolution beyond early next week.

The general idea of increased -NAO blocking and deepening trough for the eastern half of the country seems to be the consistent theme, but they're having issues with resolving the strength of the trough, where it will be centered and how soon it will depart.

On top of that, they're now starting to advertise a tropical wave off the coast of TX/LA throwing a wrench into things.

Those factors will also determine how long the 100*F+ streak lasts here.

Last edited:
Back