• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

Had some really intense winds from the backside of the storms that developed in Walton, Rockdale and southeastern Gwinnett about an hour ago. It was cool, but a little scary to see the trees bend to the ground, I can't imagine what the front part of the storm was like if I was just getting the winds from the back!

Saturday morning, the first full day of summer, had accumulating snow down to the valleys in Vail, CO, which is just above 8K ft. That is quite unusual that far down in late June! I’m enjoying this vicariously. I’ve been there several times in summer, but have never come close to seeing snow fall. But afternoon thunderstorms do typically bring the temp down rapidly from 70s/80s to 50s down there in the valley. Such a great place for a summer getaway from the uncomfy muggy SE!

Now enjoy reading this awesome forecast:

COZ010-231000-
GORE AND ELK MOUNTAINS/CENTRAL MOUNTAIN VALLEYS-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF ASPEN, VAIL, AND SNOWMASS
933 PM MDT SAT JUN 22 2019

..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM MDT SUNDAY

REST OF TONIGHT
NUMEROUS RAIN SHOWERS, POSSIBLY MIXED WITH
SNOW SHOWERS. NO NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS 25 TO 35. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.
SUNDAY
MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING, THEN PARTLY SUNNY WITH SCATTERED
RAIN SHOWERS, POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SNOW SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND ONE INCH. HIGHS 35 TO
45. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. GUSTS UP TO
25 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

Props to the HRRR last night, lot of water fell in north-west NC with one mudslide reported in Surry.

New SPC day 2 outlook has now expanded slight risk area of severe storms for tomorrow into N GA and parts of the Carolinas.3FF41276-BF19-4C98-9A81-9E74BB1EA47E.gif

Monday holds that potential for damaging winds, very large amounts of surface-based cape (2500-5000 jkg) little bit of a warm cloud layer with high PWATs but dry air aloft = water loading, steep 0-3km lapse rates owing to strong outflow winds and higher LCLs, large downdraft cape, little organization due to some 0-3km bulk shear 34EC9AB1-4DB1-47B4-81BD-B5AAA12B145F.pngA5193143-73B2-48DB-9C72-D561BD982708.png9669774C-03A9-4A2B-9E32-E4C90938B879.png

No rain here since early June, I sure hear thunder every single day though.

Come to pap...... well poop it, we all know how this ends!!?, the SD/RC bubble!0E62C173-9366-408D-B409-5C44C70E0111.png

Bouta go back to high rock lake for some bass fishing tommorow, I bet the water level is high there since it’s rained around this area several times in the past week
Fish in a predominately sunny spot given the rain; bass don't feed well in new cool water ... little natural bait hangs out there so the bass don't forage in such an area ...

18z hrrr has an impressive line coming into Eastern TN tmrw afternoon.

Plenty of instability this time.

This is the best chance for severe out of these last few days IMO given the timing.

Temps here in erwin will be upper 80s which is pretty impressive and maybe the hottest of the year so far.

A76251EF-A21A-4B24-AC54-26625844C719.gif

Unlike the others over the last few days this one is good timing and good cape across a wider area.FD67A8C2-EEED-44CF-BE8C-7CE3BB4AF923.png

Watch coming for most of Georgia SPC has not loaded it yet.. Large Hail today.. less wind issues
SPC only has a mesoscale discussion right now that mentions a 40% of a watch being issued from what I see right now. SPC did add a slight risk to GA in the new day 1 update.4E6F861C-7F80-4C83-A455-7A1A734507BC.gif

It's been non-stop thunder (which has just ended) since the initial t'storm around 1pm.

That said, haven't seen any more rain.

EDIT: Also, only made it to 89*F because of the early storm initiation.

18z hrrr has an impressive line coming into Eastern TN tmrw afternoon.

Plenty of instability this time.

This is the best chance for severe out of these last few days IMO given the timing.

Temps here in erwin will be upper 80s which is pretty impressive and maybe the hottest of the year so far.

View attachment 20623

Unlike the others over the last few days this one is good timing and good cape across a wider area.View attachment 20624

Little green line ahead of the hrrr is a shelf cloud/outflow, I’m all in

Back