• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

Tarheel1

I LOVE BBW’s AND CHICKEN WINGS
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Reaction score
It has to rain sooner or later, right? Will we break 100 @ GSP, I think so!?
Your welcome!
And remember all who served and especially the ones that didn’t make it home ;and let us have the freedom to babble about weather and other things that makes America great!
Happy Memorial Day! The unofficial start to summer, because it really started in January!?

I'm expecting June to continue the persistent hot and dry pattern across the SE US. Looking like a quiet month for tropical activity, too.

Models are struggling with the pattern as we head into June.

The GFS/GGEM show troughing as the PV from Canada dives SE, while the EURO shows a more progressive zonal flow, which would maintain relatively hotter temps.

Given the -PNA/+NAO progged, the fact that such a deep upper level low that far south would be unusual for June and the MJO forecasted to go into the circle of death, I tend to think the EURO has it right. But we will see.

And regardless, with more of a W/NW flow, I don't see it being as dry as it has been.

When I was a kid it seemed we would get a summer thunderstorm in the late afternoon at least once a week.

When I was a kid it seemed we would get a summer thunderstorm in the late afternoon at least once a week.

You must be about my age. We had upper 80's to near 90 temps and frequent days of afternoon thunderstorms. Now it seems its low to mid 90's, less days of afternoon thunderstorms, and more severe when we get them.

Pattern must have been dominant Bermuda high during my childhood days.

You must be about my age. We had upper 80's to near 90 temps and frequent days of afternoon thunderstorms. Now it seems its low to mid 90's, less days of afternoon thunderstorms, and more severe when we get them.

This was in the 80s. I remember it well because I stayed with my grandma in the summer and she was scared to death of storms.

Western US ridge eastern US trough Bermuda high was much more prevalent

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back