• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

71 was the high today at home...in the morning.

It dropped and never got back up there even when the rain stopped. The only thing that's bad is the wind is a direction where you can smell the paper plant. Otherwise that was unbelievable today for June.

I've been getting pretty decent rain here on and off since yesterday to add to my ~3.5" for the prior week. Nice drought buster for much of the SE and not from a tropical cyclone!

Was looking at the western extent of the heavier rain on the models over the last couple of days and have to say RGEM held it ground and looks to have won this battle. NWS held their ground to and never bit on the NAM and even a couple runs of the EURO that had 1" plus here. Will enjoy having the windows open for a few more nights this June!!!

I am really not looking forward to summer returning Friday and the weekend :( Opened the window here for Junetober

Congrats to Greensboro and others for 1-3” tonight. NAM yesterday was too far west by 2 counties.

I've been getting pretty decent rain here on and off since yesterday to add to my ~3.5" for the prior week. Nice drought buster for much of the SE and not from a tropical cyclone!

The rain finally ended here by about 9PM. My 2 day total is near 1.75” and my total since the pattern change is in the general vicinity of 5.25”. The drought is pretty much history for now. Thanks to Mother Nature I won’t need to water at all anytime soon and for the rest of the summer if we get semi-regular rains from this point.

KSAV got a whopping over 6” the last 2 days and they are well over 10” for June 1-12. That is by a wide margin the most rainfall there for that period since records started in 1871! That already makes June the wettest month by a wide margin since May of 2017. All it would take is about another 1.5” the rest of the month to make this the wettest month since 2000!

Stationed in Iredell County NC to see what the sun can cook up this afternoon. Per NAM, I might be in store for a surprise.

Looks like we get into the typical summer pattern starting Saturday and really getting going next week with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s and dewpoints either side of 70. Interesting pattern next week with a zonal flow/ low amplitude trough. Going to be quite a few storm complexes and MCVs around not to mention general afternoon instability storms.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's the summers I remember when I was kid, when there was a shot at storms pretty much any afternoon.

Saw nothing today. Ready for summer. 49 tonight sucks. No more floods either.

Needa watch Sunday if a MCV/SW can get some storms going, especially in western NC, EML advection (with steep mid level lapse rates) combined with moisture return and increasing dew points will likely lead to large CAPE, especially in western NC, altho weak, deep layer shear will be present with around 25-35kts and very weak low level shear aswell (5-15kts), which will likely aid in slight organization if storms manage to develop, again if this thing arrives to early, it wouldn’t be much of a problem ACDF4F20-47B0-4AE5-AF9D-C716B4689030.png7F171833-CCD3-47F3-A3B7-620F0547CCCC.pngC61119F7-897D-4BB2-98DA-5424A9C53178.png8BAFC937-5D6C-468E-96A8-C6BC361B1B24.jpeg

It's pouring. Didn't expect that.

Reactions: SD
Back