• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

:)
94051be1b14af2da75493ff5a0075429.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes please!

Yeah the euro has another day 9 ice storm ....... keep kicking the can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12z gfs vs 12z euro massive difference

be193b2a81635e56252ecad4d706b98d.jpg
b04831d4c57ff97cee6b5c1c9b8d70e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember not too long ago, the GFS tried to drop a trough into the western US for our storm on the 28-29th and thus sent it into the Lakes and midwest, instead what ended up happening, the trough over New England and SE Canada trended deeper. Looks like the same general thing is happening here

Remember not too long ago, the GFS tried to drop a trough into the western US for our storm on the 28-29th and thus sent it into the Lakes and midwest, instead what ended up happening, the trough over New England and SE Canada trended deeper. Looks like the same general thing is happening here
Yep fully expect the gfs to look massively different on the 00z runs tonight . With a warmer cold shot and no system

Just so you see what the Day 10 system depicted on the EURO will be running up against dewpoint wise East of the Appalachians.

ecmwf_dew2m_conus_210.png

Yes...that is below zero dewpoints deep into Georgia ... at hour 210.

Just so you see what the Day 10 system depicted on the EURO will be running up against dewpoint wise East of the Appalachians.

ecmwf_dew2m_conus_210.png

Yes...that is below zero dewpoints deep into Georgia ...

Indeed, that's impressive. But, unfortunately, it is not just impressive but it is also fictitious as of now until proven otherwise. Especially out 10 days. The models can't even get a handle on 2-3 days!

Just being realistic . The gfs is all alone and we know how this song and dance normally ends
That’s true. But I’m reminded of a quote from a great Christmas movie: “You really think it matters, Eddie?” When the Euro shows a snowstorm, it ends up vanishing. When the GFS shows a snowstorm, it ends up vanishing. When all models show a snowstorm, it ends up vanishing. We probably won’t have any idea what’s going to happen until 36 hours before any event.

Smh some mets like Joe Bastardi never learn. Apparently he hasn't figured out that the model's Monin-Obukhov (1954) surface parameterization causes excessive decoupling between the surface and lower levels and leads to a massive cold bias in the model especially over fresh snow cover. Lol good luck w/ Dallas getting a single digit low in a week from now
Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 11.07.38 AM.png

Back