• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_23.png
does gfs add ice to its snow map? Ice seems to be further south vrs snow. Does anyone have ice map?

So it’s the euro vs the gfs and cmc on the cold and the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charlie, didn't the Euro last night have a mix in central Al? If so, can you post map?

Don't do this to yourself guys, it's the GFS and we know how this ends up, congrats DC or maybe Charleston lol

Oh no, this thing will be in Chicago next week. I gotta root for suppression.
The low is in the right spot as of now. We get ICE. Probably nasty ICE, which im fine with. Does gfs have ice map?

I really wish I had started keeping track of every time I was in the freaking bulls-eye
3c9ab78c043aeb9379cb13dedd07491e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I think the time period holds decent potential with the amount of energy in the flow. Models are crap with handling the pattern

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gfs still cold this run, for all of next week. Charlie right, who ever gets snow/ice is gonna see it for a few days.

gfs_T2m_us_39.png
January 05 Still cold. Sorry, weenie coming out of me LOL!!

The GFS looks awesome! It has to get it right 7 days out sometime, right?

Per MDA wx: their 12/26-1/4 forecast is the coldest for the US (weighted more E US due to much higher population) for any 12/26-1/4 since at least 1950!

Back