• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Even the gefs does not support the GFS op cold
00627e93185edd7c26f669766e58d152.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest gfs and cmc both continue to show a light event here in the mid south and both show bitter cold temps on the way.

Oh don’t get me wrong it’s gonna be cold regardless . I for one would like to see the gfs op verify to be honest . I love brutal cold
If there isn't a storm in sight, then bring it on, or if there is one right before. I'll take 17 as a high! That would skew the month to normal when the 100s start in late January! LOL

I’m wondering if this New Years Eve/Day system will trend stronger as we move closer to go time.

I’m wondering if this New Years Eve/Day system will trend stronger as we move closer to go time.
If so, it'll trend warmer! Already borderline for most outside the mountains

From the Nashville NWS: Good morning, everyone. Twas the the morning after Christmas, and my gosh, it's cold. Sorry about the temperature, Facebook friends. (Actually, we're not sorry. It's winter.) Not only is today a cold one, but the forecast is cold for as far as the eye can see. In fact, peering into the future as far as the models will allow, there is no relief from the cold. No. Relief. At. All. This morning, a 1040+ millibar high pressure monster is centered over the Dakotas. This is a particularly diabolical tool the atmosphere uses to reinforce cold air over Middle Tennessee. We don't like seeing the 1040+ millibar high to our northwest. But it's there, and it will only get closer. By this time tomorrow it will be centered over the cornbelt, then into the Great Lakes by Thursday, all the while pushing cold air into Middle Tennessee without relent, laughing at us, mocking us, freezing us. (It's like we're all Han Solo when he gets flash-frozen at the end of "The Empire Strikes Back.") It's the kind of forecast that even the most optimistic forecaster cannot sugarcoat. There is no, "Well, it's cold now but it will feel like spring by the weekend." There's none of that. It's just cold. Forever always cold.

We will not get a storm if that cold. Cold and dry. If that cold it will be like this week and dry it up. Rather have euro next week with marginal temps showing than what gfs is showing

Just like the 28th and 29th threat, seems like we have no idea what's really going to happen.

We will not get a storm if that cold. Cold and dry. If that cold it will be like this week and dry it up. Rather have euro next week with marginal temps showing than what gfs is showing
We can easily get a system like what’s been shown out in front of the big arctic blast

Back