• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

The 6z GFS didn't look good at all outside of the upper south but considering how we've seen things roll lately, what do you want to bet that in a few days this one becomes NS dominant too, unlike the good ole thing we used to see (major NW trends).

still Big Cold on 6z though... that's starting to look legit at least.

Just for fun here is WPC experimental Day 7 probability of receiving .25 or more liquid equivalent of snow/sleet.
wpc.png

http://origin.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/pwpf_d47/pwpf_medr.php?day=7

After the runs over the last 24 hours I’m feeling less confident about next week but we shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better score in the next ten days our pattern is going to hell quick
483521e3532fd4d698b58042274d2b43.jpg
313e790b639f88bc1286a25eb36e8dae.jpg
7e0385aafd52d5d1d751d1c2d3733404.jpg
4f3c343cfbcdbe2f0d066b9633643f9a.jpg

Merry Christmas all!!! Cold over performing up here. was supposed to be 31 for the low and is 24 now. It is disappointing to see 240 hours of cold 850s and nada for precip. Hoping something will turn around a bit.

WPC update:

HE SPECIFICS AND LONGER TERM RAMIFICATIONS/TRANSITIONS WITHIN THIS WINTRY PATTERN INCLUDING ICE/SNOW THREATS REMAIN A QUESTION MARK. THE WPC MEDIUM RANGE WINTER WEATHER OUTLOOK AND WEATHER GRIDS SHOW A FOCUS FOR HEAVIER SNOW PROBABILITIES THROUGH MID-LATER WEEK OVER THE NORTHWEST/NORTHERN ROCKIES AND TO THE LEE OF THE GREAT LAKES ALONG WITH AN EMERGING WIDESPREAD THREAT THAT DEVELOPS ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST AND EAST. THE POTENTIAL FOR FRIGID HIGH PRESSURE AND POTENTIALLY ACCUMULATING FREEZING RAIN OVER AR, GA, AND THE CAROLINAS THURSDAY INTO FRIDAY MORNING WITH SNOW FARTHER INTO THE COLD AIR FROM THE MID-SOUTH AND MID-ATLANTIC STATES NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATED WITH SHORTWAVE PASSAGES AND ANY POSSIBLE TROWAL/NORLUN TROUGH-LIKE FEATURES TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE LOW DEVELOPMENT OFFSHORE THE EAST COAST.

The other part showing an update:

UPDATE...THE 00 UTC ECMWF HAS TRENDED MORE IN LINE WITH RECENT GFS RUNS WITH THE ERN PACIFIC FEATURE MOVING INTO BC AND THE PAC NW AND DOWNSTREAM ALSO TRENDS TOWARD A MORE SUPPRESSED LOW/QPF/WINTER WEATHER THREAT AS WELL. THE EARLIER RELEASED WPC MEDIUM RANGE PRODUCT SUITE WAS PRIMARILY DERIVED FROM A COMPOSITE BLEND OF THE GEFS/NAEFS/ECMWF ENSEMBLES ALONG WITH CONTINUITY. THAT SOLUTION
OFFERED LESS AMPLITUDE/MORE PROGRESSION THAN THE 12 UTC ECMWF...BUT MAY HAVE TO REVISITED IF THE UPCOMING MODELS AND ENSEMBLES CONTINUE THE TRENDS OF THE 00 UTC ECMWF. THE UPCOMING
QPF AND WINTER WEATHER OUTLOOK PROGS WILL SHOW THIS TREND.
This is for the first storm. I put that part in the other thread.

The 6z GFS didn't look good at all outside of the upper south but considering how we've seen things roll lately, what do you want to bet that in a few days this one becomes NS dominant too, unlike the good ole thing we used to see (major NW trends).

Y'all. What did I say this morning?

May have called it much quicker than what I even thought!

There will be a system due to the SW energy coming out but let’s hope it does not get crushed

SW is coming out too late it’s about to get crushed by the northern stream
427879adbe81989a267740458b5b5ee2.jpg

Back