• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

But that interferes with his standard post this time every year. I’m at 20 freezes for the winter so far not counting frosts and I’m a half hour drive from the city.
Every time KATL stays above freezing, Dewpoint Dan feels he has a bigger weather weenie. Dude is obsessed.

This la nina is killing us. Remember the past years where we would get a constant +PNA and couldn't buy a negative NAO. During those times we would still score a storm or two; and at least see a cold weather pattern. Right now, the PNA looks to stay negative for the foreseeable future. Trough stays out west and the SER stays in the SE.
View attachment 99371
I'd have more concern about the southeastern ridge than a -PNA. Eastern ridging can still occur even with a +PNA. Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about the -PNA.
I see the Atlanta snow shield is still activated. But I’d love for our western folks to score next weekend. That would be a good start to the New Year!
There's still plenty of time, that system is still beyond 5 days and things are likely to change. There's no official forecast (yet) for any kind of snow/ice (at least not in Atlanta and metro areas.)
The surface map from the 12z Euro on Pivotal Weather shows a band of snow like the animation above, except for North Georgia (and Atlanta.) Glenn Burns posted an image from the Euro and it shows what that animation shows. I thought there may have been something wrong with the graphics on Pivotal Weather, but I checked the Euro on Weather.us and it shows exactly what it shows on Pivotal Weather - makes no sense.
269955731_466458221516395_3618523957361983438_n.jpg

track of the low, but that's total through 276 hours, not from the same system
He was being sarcastic

Speaking of which, I'm reading through pages of sarcasm, trolling, off topic post that would be so much better in whamby.

Back