• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Nice day at the beach . Near 80 in Wilmington mid 60s here at Wrightsville along the shore. I had to go to the beach at least once figured today. Shoulda waited till Wednesday , gon be even warmer along the shore .

This yields a big difference across the conus
View attachment 99408
View attachment 99409
The key is the recovering heights off of the west coast there’s the big difference in both .. lower heights on the Gfs keeps it dumping out west and opens up the SER .. on the euro they are nowhere to be seen so cold air progresses East and keeps a lid on the tremendous ridging

@Rain Cold says go with the GEFS. ;)
The EPS has sucked this winter so far. And the GEFS seems to be similar to what we had so far. Want to lay odds on who turns out to be more correct lol

I'm disappointed by the non-obliteration of that ridge axis through the Aleutians. Hopefully that will change. It seems to be showing on both models but the Euro has the strongest anomaly to the north and set up as a block, which allows some shallow ridging across the extreme SW US....creates a broad trough. I still don't like the main ridge axis where it is, though, through the Aleutians.

The EPS has sucked this winter so far. And the GEFS seems to be similar to what we had so far. Want to lay odds on who turns out to be more correct lol

I'm disappointed by the non-obliteration of that ridge axis through the Aleutians. Hopefully that will change. It seems to be showing on both models but the Euro has the strongest anomaly to the north and set up as a block, which allows some shallow ridging across the extreme SW US....creates a broad trough. I still don't like the main ridge axis where it is, though, through the Aleutians.

I seem to recall the Euro was consistently warm this month while the GFS kept trying to break down and flip the pattern very early. That said, neither are great after D7 and I give little weight to either solution until the storm next weekend passes.

5 day mean. D10-15.
8e2c832d6d4a5a6af1a6b9704709155b.jpg

6e75cd35261864d852cc815d50a10b57.jpg

6a675ba4297272e53b5c7f2ce173ba71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not giving up on the weekend here

Screenshot_20211227-150141.png

Of primary concern in the extended period is the potential for a
very strong cold front to enter the area early Saturday and
plunge through the region. There is the potential for wintry
precipitation behind the front as temperatures fall or begin to
fall during the day in all but far southeast Oklahoma...falling there
Saturday night. Model consistency remain limited at the moment,
so details aren`t possible at this point. But the odds are tipping
toward much colder air coming into all of eastern Oklahoma and
northwest Arkansas, with two disturbances crossing the central U.S.
that could result in precipitation in eastern Oklahoma and northwest
Arkansas in the cold air.

I saw sprinklers running over semi green Bermuda grass . This drought real . Sprinklers in the winter !

Back