• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Regardless of the outcome, having something to track 3 weeks in a row is amazing.
It’s definitely fun to have this many storms to track. Exhausting but fun. Especially considering we haven’t had anything to track for 3 years except potential icing events that turned in 32 degree cold rain over on this side of the mountains.

The Low develops too far north on both the GFS and the CMC. However if the phase happend sooner and the Low starting bombing out off the coast of FL instead of waiting until it gets NC before bombing out, that could've put many more areas in the game and maybe dare I say cause blizzard conditions from Eastern GA to VA as the low rapidly deepens. I still favor climo and the Low not bombing out before it gets towards the Outer Banks,but a earlier phase could change everything,which at that point crazy things might happen.

Some improvement with the 12z's so far...let's see if we can keep the momentum going

Here is Sugar Mtn, NC....December 29 vs. January 23

MRVdLgT.png

zDjxn3S.gif

Well, better trends I guess today so far but still a while to go. Again depending on a well timed phase sadly.

A little disappointed even with the split flow pattern that's we've had, we haven't had a good old fashioned southern stream threat; from Texas to the Carolinas. Everything's been northern stream dig dependent.

Well, better trends I guess today so far but still a while to go. Again depending on a well timed phase sadly.

A little disappointed even with the split flow pattern that's we've had, we haven't had a good old fashioned southern stream threat; from Texas to the Carolinas. Everything's been northern stream dig dependent.
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we have a true split flow, and we certainly don't have a suppressed enough height field oriented in such a way that you get a bona-fide west to east southern tracking system.

I’m not so sure we are reliant on a phase anymore. But that wave has got to keep digging west.

Back