• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

This thing seems like it's going to bomb, it's just a matter of where:

gfs_z500_vort_us_29.png

The northeast is more likely, for sure.

How often do you see what the GFS showed tonight (7 days out) and it end up being the opposite. What would we need to get this thing to take a path that would have it bombing around Florida or a little before?

The GFS is back to reality with this look. I never believed that a sub 970mb low off the NC bringing blizzard Conditions to Central and Eastern NC/SC was really posssible. Those storms are named after Nor'Easters and not south'easters for a reason.
It's possible. No reason it couldn't, it's done it before.

Down to 27 after a high of 40...may have a good shot at 22 early in the morning.

Btw: The internet not working as well when it's cold deal is definitely legit, it's been in and out outside of for a few hours midday today for the past couple days.

The temperatures here are being held up by clouds. Now it is 39.2, which still made for my coldest walk of the winter so far. This time last night was barely above freezing with rain.
Glad you dodge the zr. I've got 26.4 here. The cold is holding in these days, with an active gulf. I expect to see a storm come up in a matter of two or three days with some timing. It's the sneaky ones that bolt from the blue, when it's cold. You kind of expect something when it's 70, but when the cold holds in, it's so often dry.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL
145 AM EST SUN JAN 23 2022

...DAILY RECORD LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT GAINESVILLE FLORIDA
YESTERDAY...

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT GAINESVILLE WAS ONLY 46 DEGREES YESTERDAY.
THIS BROKE THE PREVIOUS DAILY RECORD LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 47
DEGREES SET IN 1985.

THIS WAS THE LOWEST DAILY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SINCE A HIGH OF 41
DEGREES SET ON 01-03-2018.

Back