• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

The entire western southeast got boomed with snow and cold while we were stuck with marginal cold and CAD cold rain for an entire winter last year. Most of the time those of us on the east side of the apps can’t even get snow because we get Miller B with a warm nose to death if we can even get a storm to happen lol. And there’s not a city on the face of the earth that deserved snow more than Columbia. And celebrating a 2” snow is sad as hell when you really think about it but that’s just how bad it’s been on this side of the mountains for everyone.

Yeah Fro, that was the best EPS run yet with the BC ridge out west. EPS trend for last 5 runs at day 5 on Thursday

TnWLjEl.gif

Man, you should have been here for the past 5 years.
I told ya it's been over 20 years since I could sled on the streets, so I'll take your 5 years, and up you 25, lol. Time for a board wide ip/snoapolluza. Time for a 0 degrees white out.....Time for another Blizzard!! Can I get a Hell Yeah???

Can y’all give some love for the Texas to Bama to Georgia folks? Feel like every storm threat ends up being over taken by North Carolina folks!

That’s climo, bro. NC is always going to have a good advantage mainly due to being further north (colder) but also being near the Atlantic moisture source as well as Atlantic storms. That’s likely why there are so many NC posters on a SE board. This complaint sounds just like the complaints about DC getting more than NC or NYC getting more than DC and so on and so on. Or if I wanted to, I could complain about N and C GA as well as most of SC getting more than me, but I don’t because again, that’s climo, bro. It isn’t like someone is out to get me.
@pcbjr could always be complaining but I don’t ever remember him doing so. He knows the power of climo can’t be overcome.

You can maybe do something about it by moving further north if it were important enough to be in better climo, but then the tendency is for people who move north to raise their expectations and still get mad even with more snow if it doesn’t meet their more prolific climo. @Lickwx has talked about this.

Meanwhile, the key to Feb cold is getting the +PNA to return. Nothing goes against SE cold more on average than a -PNA. @pcbjr would agree.

Last edited:
Back