• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

The temperatures here are being held up by clouds. Now it is 39.2, which still made for my coldest walk of the winter so far. This time last night was barely above freezing with rain.

In the last 3 hours, the clouds left thus allowing my temperature to fall 6 to 33.0. KSAV and KSVN both fell rapidly to 31 quite possibly setting the stage for the coldest of the winter so far and the coldest since the 26 of December of 2020 at KSAV.

not bad at all

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

Favorable trend on the EPS, I generally like where this is headed. Ridge over the western US trending stronger and trough dipping further south over the Miss valley.
d91744b2ccf80f13eed47ada83224112.gif

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk
Energy is over the Pacific, so we probably won't get a better idea until Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

Went to bed and it was 24. Got up and it's 28 here on the hill. Yesterday I was moving firewood form the rows to the porch and I was walking on top for the 4 or so inches of white concrete still left form last Sundays storm. Me being 250ish and arms full of wood not breaking the crust is pretty impressive. On the hills where I had to break it, there is still powder underneath. Pretty impressive cold for a week. The 40s for a few days will be a nice break though.

On next weekends threat, would like to start seeing a west trend soon. Looking at EPS, there were only a few members with any support. Looking out to 360, there were a handfull more that had something in the southeast but no real signal. The one thing I did notice was much less snow cover outside of the WVA mountains except for the handful of members with storms.

Edit: You guys in the foothills 15 degrees colder than me, just wild.

Went to bed and it was 24. Got up and it's 28 here on the hill. Yesterday I was moving firewood form the rows to the porch and I was walking on top for the 4 or so inches of white concrete still left form last Sundays storm. Me being 250ish and arms full of wood not breaking the crust is pretty impressive. On the hills where I had to break it, there is still powder underneath. Pretty impressive cold for a week. The 40s for a few days will be a nice break though.

On next weekends threat, would like to start seeing a west trend soon. Looking at EPS, there were only a few members with any support. Looking out to 360, there were a handfull more that had something in the southeast but no real signal. The one thing I did notice was much less snow cover outside of the WVA mountains except for the handful of members with storms.

Edit: You guys in the foothills 15 degrees colder than me, just wild.
I hate to sound like you know who, but this is the time frame where we often see muted or far east solutions or no system at all. My guess as to why this happens is sampling. But if we don't see it coming back by Tuesday or 0z Wednesday, we can probably write it off. At this lead, I like that the models generally still have the storm but it's just too far east and doesn't develop quickly enough.

Back