• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

488 over the great lakes this is basically the opposite of the December patternView attachment 102191

This is without snow on the ground in most of the South either. Would be one of the most prolific arctic outbreaks ever.

sfct.conus.png

One of these days, a map like that will have an 84 hour timestamp instead of 384. Nevertheless, it is a beaut.
Hey the good thing is this upcoming pattern could deliver it. I think it's overdone but the overnight ensembles hinted at renewed cold and potential decadal cold after D10. Should be fun to watch pan out

Been trying to keep quiet and let the pros talk during these exciting times. But this post caught my attention because every time somebody posts one of these nowadays, it seems to be having 2-3 more snowy members. I like where we're headed

Need a good storm to come before that massive attic outbreak. We’re not snowing or getting anything with that except cracked lips and ashy skin. Now if we can sneak a good storm in here right before we can get a good shot of keeping snow or ice on the ground for a while.
We'll probably get a good storm as the pattern starts to relax.

This is without snow on the ground in most of the South either. Would be one of the most prolific arctic outbreaks ever.

sfct.conus.png

Mid to late January of 1934 and 1972, both similarly strengthed La Niña analogs that had mild Decembers, both had a similar very cold (single digits at ATL/RDU) Arctic airmass plunge into the SE fwiw followed by cold February.

Mid to late January of 1934 and 1972, both similarly strengthed La Niña analogs that had mild Decembers, both had a similar very cold (single digits at ATL/RDU) Arctic airmass plunge into the SE fwiw followed by cold February.
But did they produce Snow? That’s the 1 billion dollar question.

Back