• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

As I just posted, the 12Z EPS looks better than the 0Z late. Regardless, the next two weeks look like fun times (chilly overall with decent chances of wintry precip in mainly more favored parts of the SE (not here lol). After that, the main concern is the possibility of the western +PNA ridge retrograding back into the E Pacific and ending the +PNA by late this month. That’s what models are suggesting. Even so, I’d have hope for the +PNA to return in Feb depending largely on the MJO.

Currently am working towards getting a map together of the snow event that ended early-mid day yesterday in NC. In the meantime, I was able to put together this map of a trace sleet event that occurred on December 21st over the SW piedmont of NC. Most of these reports are from mPING & this forum

View attachment 101821
Good job

Currently am working towards getting a map together of the snow event that ended early-mid day yesterday in NC. In the meantime, I was able to put together this map of a trace sleet event that occurred on December 21st over the SW piedmont of NC. Most of these reports are from mPING & this forum

View attachment 101821
Ain’t have crap in Spartanburg. All the sleet mpings were Greenville county

View attachment 101821
Thanks for the work you do but I can confirm none of southern Meck county saw a trace. Maybe a min of mixed sleet. No biggie just commenting

Enjoy this while it lasts, pacific jet is going to be full scale retreat after mid-month. Only a matter of time before the -PNA comes back

That wouldn’t be surprising. In the meantime, I’m going to thoroughly enjoy the next 2 1/2 weeks or so wx wise (it is such a relief) and hope that we get another round of this starting in early or mid February even though La Niña climo doesn’t favor it. Maybe by then we can get a renewed -NAO/-AO combo along with another period of left side MJO.

That wouldn’t be surprising. In the meantime, I’m going to thoroughly enjoy the next 2 1/2 weeks or so wx wise (it is such a relief) and hope that we get another round of this starting in early or mid February even though La Niña climo doesn’t favor it. Maybe by then we can get a renewed -NAO/-AO combo along with another period of left side MJO.

NAO/AO are almost certainly going to be positive for the foreseeable future, but that probably won't hinder opportunities much the next few weeks.

Weenie 12Z CFS time: has 7 Arctic highs giving cold periods over the SE through the end of the run (Feb 5th). So, cooldowns followed by warmups etc but with no extended torchy periods, even during 1/20-2/5, which actually averages slightly BN. Plenty of Gulf/coastal Atlantic storminess including some Miller A action. IF this were to be close to reality, I don’t think there’d be too many complaints.

Here are a couple of highlights for your entertainment:

9844324B-06AC-46A9-9274-8FAAE927F7CA.png

04272366-7F0B-409E-9F80-D8180611F39D.png

Weenie 12Z CFS time: has 7 Arctic highs giving cold periods over the SE through the end of the run (Feb 5th). So, cooldowns followed by warmups etc but with no extended torchy periods, even during 1/20-2/5, which actually averages slightly BN. Plenty of Gulf/coastal Atlantic storminess including some Miller A action. IF this were to be close to reality, I don’t think there’d be too many complaints.

Here are a couple of highlights for your entertainment:

View attachment 101833

View attachment 101834
So we have one around the 15th and then again 2 weeks later. Nice!

Back