• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Albany, Ga, is already 84 at 1PM, 3 above the record for today! And the 84 is already 2nd warmest of anytime in Jan back to the late 1800s with only the 86 of 1/29/2003 warmer.

At SAV, it is already 81 at 1 with the daily record of 83 not far away and even the monthly of 84 not too far.

This just screams watch for deep south winter storms. Not that this will verify verbatim at that range, but still.
gfs_z500a_namer_65.png

Fayetteville, NC, is already 80 at 1 (already 3 warmer than the date record) and only 1 away from the monthly record!

This looks really good. Hopefully, we can reel it in.

In the meantime, this weather for today and one more day is just cray. It's spring-like weather.

It's 81 and the humidity sucks (and I can vouch for that since I was outside).
The winds have picked up here in South Louisiana. The humidity, temperature, and wind feels more appropriate for a day in March over here. The cold front can't get here soon enough!

The fact the eps is retrograding into a colder pattern from d10-15....plums

Pretty great. The ridge axis looks a bit too far east but retrogrades to a great location. Then you've got evidence of the stj undercutting the ridge. I just hope it's not a headfake.

So great to not be looking an an Aleutian ridge 10 days out anymore...so far. Lol.

Back