• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

FC9CC4BE-2783-4041-B125-61D9607432F1.gifHow can a cold lover in the SE not like this GEFS trend of today in the PNA? This is the best it has looked in a long time with it now turning positive in the means late. Also, I’m really interested in how strong a -PNA December will end up at. This sure looks like a top 10 Dec -PNA and quite possibly is top 5 (since 1950).

Wouldn't call it a pattern change. This would definitely be a needle threader. Well timed wave in between two massive ridges and a very marginal cold air source. That could happen anytime in winter in any regime.
This is definitely a pattern change, not sure what you’re talking about

View attachment 100283How can a cold lover in the SE not like this GEFS trend of today in the PNA? This is the best it has looked in a long time with it now turning positive in the means late. Also, I’m really interested in how strong a -PNA December will end up at. This sure looks like a top 10 Dec -PNA and quite possibly is top 5 (since 1950).
It was top 2 December -PNA as of Dec 20. Might be strongest ever

You know in retrospect the models never seem to give it all back at once. Seems a bit more gradual. But maybe more rewarding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s just hope there’s some qpf coming down the road. As much as we needed a pattern change for temps, we also need a change regarding precip - at least here in central NC.
TW

Back