Pattern Januworry

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I would just like to point out I called a pattern change and rumblings from December 27-January 3rd weeks and weeks ago … we now may have snow on the ground on January 3rd and if that’s not a pattern change i dont know what Is (yes this is my victory lap for once lol)

Wouldn't call it a pattern change. This would definitely be a needle threader. Well timed wave in between two massive ridges and a very marginal cold air source. That could happen anytime in winter in any regime.

Wouldn't call it a pattern change. This would definitely be a needle threader. Well timed wave in between two massive ridges and a very marginal cold air source. That could happen anytime in winter in any regime.
Yep, sometimes things just happen, even during a bad pattern, that system in feb 2020 for NC was a good example of snow during a bad pattern

Before this storm consistent 70 degree days and a massive SER … after this storm none of that .. no dominating SER no 70s actual colder air .. pattern = changed

GEFS likes the idea of another secondary low setup (the mean is seperate from Monday’s system) View attachment 100240View attachment 100241
Like Webb has pointed out phase 7-8 are the most favorable for getting NC winter weather .. maybe that’s why we are getting so many good trends instead of the other way around .. just the pattern seeing what it’s suppose to do