• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something makes an attempt at developing at 252-264 but it's so cold it just gets crushed. That may end up being a where have I seen this before but this pattern is cold enough that this is very much a possibility.

GeorgiaGirl said:
Something makes an attempt at developing at 252-264 but it's so cold it just gets crushed. That may end up being a where have I seen this before but this pattern is cold enough that this is very much a possibility.
We've seen that crushed look before many, many of times. The GFS almost has it. The deep cold air is there sure enough.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
NorthGAWinterWx said:
06z GFS is an improvement IMO. The 0z Euro just shows cold and dry with maybe some snow showers and flurries mainly across the mountains. We still have a long ways to go. We're at that point where the models show things, lose them and bring them back. Don't get hooked on a model that shows a massive snowstorm because it will change. Also, I lost respect to the GFS after what happened with the last winter event earlier this month.

I still don't get why people are trashing the gfs for the last event . In reality it's idea was correct all along. It's low placement was a little south but other than that it was the leader of the 3 global models. Models are guidance NOT reality. What people choose to believe is the problem when it comes to winter weather in the south. Should always,always ,always take any snow map with a huge grain of salt , even ones that show a dusting. Snow maps are fun to look at but reality is often far different. People are fast to post snow maps cause they look nice but they don't take the time to pull soundings and check and see exactly what type of precip the model is suggesting. 10 times out 10 snow maps are gonna be wrong even inside 24 hours much less 5 days out especially in the SE

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know I know I know...it's just that I bought this damn sled and it just sat in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the potential that is showing up at the end of the month on the GFS. Yeah, it missed the exact location of the snow around here with the last storm, but potential is the best the models can show anyway. Too many variables involved for them to get the exact amount of snow and location perfect, and the smallest things can make a big difference.

SD said:
Drools
gfs_z500_vort_us_33.png
They make a bib for that!! We all know 99% of the time , GFS overdoes the cold( too cold) , so the super-cold dry look is overdone! Just like the lows after the last storm in Raleigh!

Oh man oh man do I like what the models are showing. As of right now I'd see snow starting on Friday off and on through about Monday. Obviously a lot can change but at least we know winter is making a comeback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For some reason I am not seeing posts that were made after mine.

0z Euro weekly has the bowling ball over Baja California. Hopefully the northern stream will help kick that bowling ball out without too much shearing. If the looks of this continues, this can turn out to have a huge potential of playing out to be a broad wide winter event. I can give credit that the GFS does good at hinting at the ideas, but it just has a hard time.
77e27f6520ef6976cafc4cb431816167.jpg

Brick Tamland said:
For some reason I am not seeing posts that were made after mine.

Yeah same here, Brick, and I'm defaulting back to page 1 of this thread if I'm logged in ....

I am moving the political stuff to the political thread. Trust me, we don't want to open that can over here. ;)

Shawn said:
I am moving the political stuff to the political thread.  Trust me, we don't want to open that can over here. ;)

Lol please do.... I just knew this was the high traffic area.   :D

The differences between the 12Z GFS and 12Z Euro are huge just as was the case at 0Z.

I liked that euro run, even makes a run at a day 8-10 system that's suppressed

Storm5 said:
I liked that euro run, even makes a run at a day 8-10 system that's suppressed

Really like where we are headed. Looks like our time frame is the 28th-the 2nd. I know that's been stated before.

Flo said:
What a crappy winter. Never seen these boards so dead at the end of January.

Huh? Board seems to be humming right along and models looking up and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back