• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow latest GFS run is really good for Tennessee and really a good portion of all the southeast looks good.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been showing a lot of ongoing light snow in Tennessee for several runs now after the pattern flip, it might be true. The pattern certainly supports it. I don't know that it'll lead to a lot of accumulation outside of the mountains but even just light snow and a little accumulation can be pretty to look at.

we have more exciting news right around the corner and your not gonna wanna miss it
Please tell me you have a super secret model that gives me a FLA flake or two next week ... LOL - This is a great upgrade folks! Thanks! Phil

Phil are your problems that you had with the last board solved?

I can't wait for our next threat.

The forum looks good.

Well, what do you know? The 12Z Para-GFS has snow for coastal TX and part of N Mexico way out there 2/2-3. For only entertainment.

It's been showing a lot of ongoing light snow in Tennessee for several runs now after the pattern flip, it might be true. The pattern certainly supports it. I don't know that it'll lead to a lot of accumulation outside of the mountains but even just light snow and a little accumulation can be pretty to look at.
Yes I think it might be one of those multiple day snows with just a little accumulation. I've seen it snow for 3 days straight here a few times but it never seems to add up after the first initial snow burst. Usually I'll see an inch at most out of clippers.But as I said the day before every once in a blue moon I can pick up 2-3 inches out of them.

Very nice! Like this format change! Much , much better! Now, let's chase some clippers!

I don't know that this actual pattern favors a storm developing during the coldest periods but one may happen during periods where it moderates slightly. Or...we could get lucky and see a northern stream system interact enough with the GOM to produce a light event.

It can happen but it'll have to be timed well. I still think we may see something at the end of the month and then the second week of February.

Let's hope tomorrow brings something nicer for the mid term. i.e., after 10 days (but if so, it'll flip again), but until then .... ' Night

4indices.png

Hey Phil, I just changed something on the DNS (i made a thread about it). Besides having to relogin please let us know if any problems show back up!

Hey Phil, I just changed something on the DNS (i made a thread about it). Besides having to relogin please let us know if any problems show back up!
I had to re-log in, but I'm crashing soon - if any probs I'll let you know as soon as I notice 'em - was able to flip around OK on threads so that's all cool it seems. As you're working magic, please also just send me a dadgum few freezes - this is a winter like I've never, ever seen! You need a b¡†ch thread or a sanitarium thread for me to populate!

woo boy is it cold on the GFS, so far what I'm seeing at 500 isn't as impressive though as the 18z was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back