• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoutheastRidge said:
Well the last time you guys predicted we would enter a good period you were right. I remember people in December saying Jan 5-10 was a good period so I'm trusting you are right this time when you say late Jan and early Feb is another good period.

We certainly have a lot of model (ensemble) agreement for the upcoming timeframe we are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatalife said:
SoutheastRidge said:
Well the last time you guys predicted we would enter a good period you were right. I remember people in December saying Jan 5-10 was a good period so I'm trusting you are right this time when you say late Jan and early Feb is another good period.
We certainly have a lot of model (ensemble) agreement for the upcoming timeframe we are talking about.
I mean I'm sure it's possible things can change between now and then but it's certainly nice to have some agreement in the models. Let's all just enjoy these next 2 weeks and then hopefully we get a boardwide major snowstorm.

the upper air pattern in my opinion is the key factor for snow chances in the SE, you need to have the COLD to get snow and the upper air controls where that cold air goes......late month looks favorable in the upper air.....details are impossible to know but it can be known that to get snow COLD is required.

A -NAO and a +PNA is the best favorable pattern for good snow storms. The NAO should trend negative and the PNA should trend positive for late month. The systems that come up from the southern stream is the systems we need to watch. Or even watch out for the subtropical jet that could bring overrunning.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Models aren't looking too bad from a long-range ensemble perspective.

About our big things coming up...
- For one, I can already say we will be moving to a very very fast server soon.  In other words, no more lagging problems or website going down during events!

In even bigger news, we have some really special things up our sleeves that will make people say "really? how?".  We don't want to announce that quite yet. But we have confirmation and it's going to be quite awesome & unique! We may need your help with it actually. :) Lets get the new server up and we will get back to you on it.

Shawn said:

- For one, I can already say we will be moving to a very very fast server soon.  In other words, no more lagging problems or website going down during events!

In even bigger news, we have some really special things up our sleeves that will make people say "really? how?".  We don't want to announce that quite yet. But we have confirmation and it's going to be quite awesome & unique! We may need your help with it actually. :) Lets get the new server up and we will get back to you on it.
Sounds very exciting, can't wait for the new fast server. We won't have to worry about the server failing on us anymore. I'll help out on whatever this new thing will be. Can't wait to find out of what it is.

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Shawn said:

In even bigger news, we have some really special things up our sleeves that will make people say "really? how?".  We don't want to announce that quite yet.  But we have confirmation and it's going to be quite awesome & unique!  We may need your help with it actually.  :)  Lets get the new server up and we will get back to you on it.
Sounds very exciting, can't wait for the new fast server. We won't have to worry about the server failing on us anymore. I'll help out on whatever this new thing will be. Can't wait to find out of what it is.

In actuality this all should start to unfold in less than 2 weeks.  We will be working with the server this weekend.  The amazing parts are very close. ;)

Shawn said:

In even bigger news, we have some really special things up our sleeves that will make people say "really? how?".  We don't want to announce that quite yet.  But we have confirmation and it's going to be quite awesome & unique!  We may need your help with it actually.  :)  Lets get the new server up and we will get back to you on it.

Sign me up! I will be glad to help  :)

Shawn said:
NorthGAWinterWx said:
Shawn said:

In actuality this all should start to unfold in less than 2 weeks.  We will be working with the server this weekend.  The amazing parts are very close. ;)
Oh good, I'm glad we're having a taste of spring and no major active storms while this will be going on. When the new server comes online, will I have to update everything again on my profile? You may want to start a thread up about the changes coming if you haven't already and add in there about the new thing. (I don't know about the new thing coming lol)

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Shawn said:
NorthGAWinterWx said:

Oh good, I'm glad we're having a taste of spring and no major active storms while this will be going on. When the new server comes online, will I have to update everything again on my profile? You may want to start a thread up about the changes coming if you haven't already and add in there about the new thing. (I don't know about the new thing coming lol)

No more updates needed.  The reason for the problems before is because we grew too fast!  We were in a spot where we could either let the site stay offline or relaunch and have something working for the "current event".  We decided to get the site back up and working again for the current event.  This time, it will work out much better. :)

If everything goes right, this site will work and behave just like it is right now for everyone. No more re-registrations, new posts, new threads. I'm confident we will have it running right. Making sure before the switch!

We are forced to move servers to get better reliability because of what we are about to introduce over here. Weather fans will love it!

Please take w/a grain of salt as this picture is at hour 384 on the 00z GFS and I like where our pattern is headed.
3e6e9d105bec7f61b34f6d67f63070e4.png

Hi guys, looking forward to keeping up with the flow of remaining winter & winters to come with y'all. Now if i could just get my old 3G phone to pull up the site i'll be set.

0z GFS, yes I know this isn't from the ensemble but the OP has been showing the colder pattern change on each of it's runs lately. Still looking good for late month. GFS showing system after system out in the Pacific. Some of those systems should make their way down into the southern stream. I'm feeling confident that we will have cold wintry days ahead after the 20th. By the way, where is everyone? We got winter weather to discuss here lol.
4a2cdf339c70f2cc1d05adc4b82d9acf.jpg

ffc6cff0e75fb23c56ab4e3c5c48e71d.jpg

Everyone accepted their upper 60s and 70s. They will come back when they hear colder weather in their forecasts.

Shawn said:
Everyone accepted their upper 60s and 70s. They will come back when they hear colder weather in their forecasts.

I will be enjoying them this weekend for sure.

I say enjoy them because if modeling is right, the first half of Feb at the least will be rocking for many in the Southeast! I am wearing shorts right now, and I am sick! That's not normal. But I think it was Wilkesboro that said there will be a slingshot effect. It will come... sooner than later.

Shawn said:
Yup, true that. I'll enjoy the warm temps too. I'm going to finish blowing the leaves off the yard this weekend.

Everytime I see someone post something, I feel like I need to click "like". I think we will bring a like feature over here soon.

Shawn said:
Everytime I see someone post something, I feel like I need to click "like". I think we will bring a like feature over here soon.

That would be a great add on.

The cold is too far out in fantasy land for people to get too excited about yet. Plus people need a break from this last storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back