• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NorthGAWinterWx said:
Storm5 said:
from the weeklies
80253b03b8e5a98ca34d668d39d51837.gif

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'll take her too. Lol.
Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

JB's all in on the weeklies!! What could go wrong now!? :(
From his bathtub, to yours!

Storm5 said:
whatalife said:
Weeklies for the win!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean holy hell they are sexy. Larry will love them

I think I'm in love! I like the +PNA of of weeks 3-6 as well as the -NAO/-AO of weeks 4-6. These are pretty similar to the Monday run. Precip. is mainly near normal, which is plentiful for well inland locations at this time of year.
 Let's hope this verifies. Of course, wise folks take these with a huge grain, especially the later weeks. Regardless, they sure are purty!

GaWx said:
Storm5 said:
whatalife said:
Weeklies for the win!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean holy hell they are sexy. Larry will love them

I think I'm in love! I like the +PNA of of weeks 3-6 as well as the -NAO/-AO of weeks 4-6. These are pretty similar to the Monday run. Precip. is mainly near normal, which is plentiful for well inland locations at this time of year.
 Let's hope this verifies. Of course, wise folks take these with a huge grain, especially the later weeks. Regardless, they sure are purty!
you left out the -epo lol . it was almost a run that's too good to be true

taken lightly no doubt , I've never liked the weeklies nor have I ever thought they are any good .

but the are fun to look at

Oh please bring some cold to us Soon MR North. My temps of 67-69 are incredibly torchy and almost 25 degrees above normal for this time of year. It's not so much the daytime that bugs me. It's the fact that at night time lower 60s and upper 50s are hanging around for lows. That's over 30 degrees above normal which is ridiculous.

Before we get pumped about the weeklies we do need to keep an eye on the severe threats coming up

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SD said:
Before we get pumped about the weeklies we do need to keep an eye on the severe threats coming up

at this point a threat thread seems needed

Storm5 said:
SD said:

at this point a threat thread seems needed

Done

there have been requests for an educational type thread. we will be adding alot of content over the next few weeks on the blog which will be linked to this site soon . for now here is the direct link to the blog

Blog.southernwx.com

olhausen said:
Oh please bring some cold to us Soon MR North. My temps of 67-69 are incredibly torchy and almost 25 degrees above normal for this time of year. It's not so much the daytime that bugs me. It's the fact that at night time lower 60s and upper 50s are hanging around for lows. That's over 30 degrees above normal which is ridiculous.

Yeah, I almost had to turn on the AC last night to sleep.

Storm5 said:
there have been requests for an educational type thread. we will be adding alot of content over the next few weeks on the blog which will be linked to this site soon . for now here is the direct link to the blog

Blog.southernwx.com

Sweet

While it'll be nice to have a few moderate/heavy rain events in these next couple weeks, it would be nice if these longer duration events modeled actually verify come game time instead of in/out much quicker. We need an all day soaker here in the drought stricken southeast.

NorthGAWinterWx said:
tonysc said:
Arcc said:
Both OP GFS, GEFS and EPS all show a broad based trough coming out of the west with a deep fetch from the Caribbean. When you get a major pattern change, you normally get a good storm. Watch for a severe weather outbreak in the 192-226hr time frame.

You're right Arcc, in fact I remember reading a long time ago I think in the Old Farmers Almanac, that blizzards often come right after unusually warm weather in winter.
Speaking of blizzards, I found this amazingly satellite imagery clip of the blizzard of '93 today from YouTube. Breath taking.
https://youtu.be/tb5E1qmCdH0

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I remember all the stormy weather associated with the Storm of the Century, and then by the time I got home from work that next day at 4:30 in the afternoon, it was snowing from northern Florida, all the way up the Atlantic coast to Maine, and all the way west to the Mississippi River. It was awesome.

Storm5 said:

Blog.southernwx.com

Thanks Storm and Shane for creating this resource.

Ryan

ItsClimateChange said:
While it'll be nice to have a few moderate/heavy rain events in these next couple weeks, it would be nice if these longer duration events modeled actually verified come game time instead of in/out much quicker. We need an all day soaker here in the drought stricken southeast.

Both Euro and GFS say between 3.5 and 5" for North Central and N AL next 10 days - hopefully that verifies!

deltadog03 said:
Lol they must be really good then

Beginning Jan 30 all the way thru February only 1 color is needed...blue - where you are in the SE depends on which shade of blue for you

Supershow said:
ItsClimateChange said:
While it'll be nice to have a few moderate/heavy rain events in these next couple weeks, it would be nice if these longer duration events modeled actually verified come game time instead of in/out much quicker. We need an all day soaker here in the drought stricken southeast.

Both Euro and GFS say between 3.5 and 5" for North Central and N AL next 10 days - hopefully that verifies!

Yeah it seems like models hold on to higher rain totals for a few days only to slowly keep dropping off as we near the events. As you said, hopefully next 10 days actually verify. Also, glad CA is getting much needed rain with more to come showing up on the models.

Ryano said:
Storm5 said:

Blog.southernwx.com

Thanks Storm and Shane for creating this resource.

Ryan
This is great stuff

Boy, wish end of oz GFS run would verify. System after system, Cold/stormy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back