• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9, 2018 Ice threat

This will be a good set up for us in the Piedmont. I have seen time after time when models show marginal temps we generally score on freezing rain. Many times models don't pick it up as its mist which is the worse but great for us being snow and ice contractors.

Yeah the CAD in the Triad is always the last to release and sometimes never does until the event is over. Personally I don't want any zr but that is something we always seem to get some of here, even in mild winters

Is it me or do I think the CMC may be overdoing it a little?

That's the interesting part if going off historical details it would more lean toward GFS/CMC etc being to warm in CAD region and moving out too fast but nothing is exactly the same.

All in for e10
647e7dbd54e1ab04f9bc1cd1afaef0b0.jpg
dc45e4aed076afe0f8fac6c50a2c1526.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Those GFS ensembles look pretty consistent especially with those amounts being ICE

I wonder how fast the Euro will have the surface temps erode away compared to others

Euro says move along brief period of zr possible Screenshot_20180104-121855.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back