• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Bottom line is tonight, a vorticity spike off the Hudson Bay Vortex altered our trailer wave enough for a totally different result... chaos theory and butterfly effect.

Well if it goes to pot , we'll just have to settle for chasing the cmc stupid Cold this week. Hope you saved that run lol. Not a good trend with our trailer wave on 0z.

Lol I should have known better than to get sucked in to this mess. If the next 2 suites look as bad or worse, I'll retreat back to the dark, pessimistic side.

See ya in 12 hours for the 12z suite...
I'm not staying up for the EURO...likely will have the same vorticity spike off the Hudson Bay vortex which altered our trailer wave

Well if it goes to pot , we'll just have to settle for chasing the cmc stupid Cold this week. Hope you saved that run lol. Not a good trend with our trailer wave on 0z.

Still have it saved. Hopefully the 12z suite can get that trailer wave back on track...we definitely have the lead wave trending right, it's all about that chaser keeping us from falling off a cliff

Lol I should have known better than to get sucked in to this mess. If the next 2 suites look as bad or worse, I'll retreat back to the dark, pessimistic side.

Poo train leaves 2 eastern tomorrow afternoon . I’ll see you there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well have to admit the chaser wave being slowed will Trainwreck any good trends we have with the lead wave. Euro comes in and messes with that, could be game over especially if the trend continues tomorrow 12z runs

It was a long shot anyways. The idea of all the modeling, even the UKMET being a no go, should be a major sign.

I guess we have to a more moisture producing storm and hope we have enough cold air to produce later. But honestly, kicking this can is getting tiresome. Hopefully, what Eric alluded to can do the trick if this threat fails. We'll live you guys. Just try to start off fresh for the new year and let's learn from this.

It was a long shot anyways. The idea of all the modeling, even the UKMET being a no go, should be a major sign.
It really was. I have to admit.. this chase for a storm seems more thrilling than others we've been on because of the potential. Even though it's frustrating, it was kinda thrilling at the prospect.

So, after just being very optimistic, now all of the sudden people are giving up? What's with the wild swings? It will be hilarious if the Euro is as good or better than its 12Z run or if the 6Z/12Z runs are better.

So, after just being very optimistic, now all of the sudden people are giving up? What's with the wild swings? It will be hilarious if the Euro is as good or better than its 12Z run or if the 6Z/12Z runs are better.
No offense, but we just don't see this having any dramatic change in such a sort period of time to produce much, if anything, of a winter storm.

Back