• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

I guess we have to a more moisture producing storm and hope we have enough cold air to produce later. But honestly, kicking this can is getting tiresome. Hopefully, what Eric alluded to can do the trick if this threat fails. We'll live you guys. Just try to start off fresh for the new year and let's learn from this.
Earlier, the Euro had precip here (almost an inch) and the highs were in the mid 60s.

So, after just being very optimistic, now all of the sudden people are giving up? What's with the wild swings? It will be hilarious if the Euro is as good or better than its 12Z run or if the 6Z/12Z runs are better.

With the chaser slowing down.It's safe to say that this storm going to be too far east for anyone.The fact that the Ukmet was well to the east along with every other model run so far suggest that this "mid week " is not going to happen.

Earlier, the Euro had precip here (almost an inch) and the highs were in the mid 60s.
Yeah, the warmth ruining our chances with the California shortwave is what I was afraid of. But I guess the cold can come back strong but who knows? May be over till next winter. Maybe we'll get another chance but not in the foreseeable future.

Based on what I've been reading I think we're just going to have a cold pattern reload itself after a warm period. I do think we have the flip to a La Nina like pattern happen but when at this point? February?

I didn't see it posted but here was the ukmet.... yuck
GZ_D5_PN_096_0000.gif

slightly west and maybe a smidge slower but really about the same with the lead wave....chaser should come in to view soon

hr78 our lead wave is further SW than 12z run, chaser is starting to phase. prob still too late though

Back