• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

18z Nam is just a little faster so far. Really splitting hairs though. The energy in the east pac looks west at 18
nam_z500_vort_namer_7.png

D to the T says, pattern does not support a coastal storm! He's out! :(
Surprising!?

I wouldn't be disappointed if we only got .2 of qpf ratios would certainly be a solid 12-15:1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Easily 12-15:1, with surface temps ~25F you get 15:1 and it's possible we could be even colder than that during the event if it were to transpire in the first place

12z EPS member stamps. Surprisingly there's actually more spread on the GEFS suite this run, won't see that too often.

View attachment 2466

View attachment 2465

With that spread too, 37 of 51 members have some accumulations in the SC Coastal Plain region...quite impressive. Last time I can remember on that many members was in the 2010 February event.

The pattern actually does support an Atlantic bomb but who knows how far west it gets and how soon it occurs. May not be enough outside of East NC/Coastal SC/SE VA. Still, been interesting.

Back