• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Three days is a lot of time for even a lot more areas west to get in the game.

Obviously I'm wishcasting.
There is like a 5 percent chance for anything from Atlanta to the west and that’s being nice . We had our storm earlier this month . This clearly favors the eastern parts of the Carolinas . We need to pull for those members . Lots of wishcasting going on for parts of Georgia to the west .....

Your right. I just wish our previous storm was a bigger storm in Atlanta like past storms. If that was the cast I would be more readily rooting for them. We need a snow bomb in Atlanta like the 82 Snow jam or something haha. Minus the traffic jams.

Your right. I just wish our previous storm was a bigger storm in Atlanta like past storms. If that was the cast I would be more readily rooting for them. We need a snow bomb in Atlanta like the 82 Snow jam or something haha. Minus the traffic jams.
??? That’s was Atlanta’s biggest storm in a long time

Not within the city. It's always mostly north of the city not around where I live or just south of the city or airport.
Do you think this will also be a Eastern Carolina to SE VA storm possibly
?

All of these constant IMBY questions are reaching the level of being supremely annoying. There's plenty of websites out there to look at free maps that will depict whether or not your area is plausible to receive frozen precipitation. The key at this point in time is to be looking for trends and not focusing on specific amounts.

There is like a 5 percent chance for anything from Atlanta to the west and that’s being nice . We had our storm earlier this month . This clearly favors the eastern parts of the Carolinas . We need to pull for those members . Lots of wishcasting going on for parts of Georgia to the west .....
Yeah, It's time for the Carolias to get something after that disappointment you guys got last storm. Hopefully this is your storm! I can't see this becoming a N GA or Alabama system. I can see South GA and Central GA at best, and maybe the E halves of the Carolinas. I'm fine missing out on this storm unless it's by 5 miles.

5% chance is still a chance. Yes it favors the Carolinas but stranger things have happened.

We, at least may of us, did not get anything earlier this month:oops:

This is exactly what I was saying earlier. At H5 is looked better than at the surface.

Both the EURO and GFS should have looked better at the surface. GFS has another SLP quite a bit of the low that pops off in the Bahamas. Not sure if it's convective feedback or not, but the thermal gradient one would think should be closer to the Wall of the Gulf Stream.

Back